disable the honk on unlock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenward

I end up coming home very late every night. All my neighbors are nice and are asleep. I plug in my 2015 eGolf then lock it.

Really hate it that the horn honks in addition to the lamps flashing. Don't want to annoy the neighbors. I'd be hating on anyone who parked outside my bedroom window at midnight and honked their horn every night.

The manual claims there is a way to disable it but my sub-menus end before the desired change.

Search the forums several times with no hits.

I'd appreciate a reply saying if the horn is controllable or not on unlock. If so, how do I get there?

kenward said:
I end up coming home very late every night. All my neighbors are nice and are asleep. I plug in my 2015 eGolf then lock it.

Really hate it that the horn honks in addition to the lamps flashing. Don't want to annoy the neighbors. I'd be hating on anyone who parked outside my bedroom window at midnight and honked their horn every night.

The manual claims there is a way to disable it but my sub-menus end before the desired change.

Search the forums several times with no hits.

I'd appreciate a reply saying if the horn is controllable or not on unlock. If so, how do I get there?

I know it's doable, I just don't remember how I did it... with VCDS or with the infotainment settings, or both?

I just found this myself.
Select Menu
Select Vehicle
Select Set-Up (Lower right hand corner)
- Scroll down
Select Open and Close
- Uncheck Acoustic Confirmation

I turned off Acoustic Confirmation on our e-Golf and wish my next door neighbor with an e-Golf that he parks outside would do the same.

Just tried the sequence suggested above and it worked great! I'd been to the 'open and close' page before, but didn't realize that I needed to scroll down to find the last option at the bottom, 'acoustic confirmation' option.

I know my neighbors will be thanking you too!

Back