Electric defrost and E-ZPass transponders....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjnerd

Are there areas of the windshield that are devoid of defrost conductor such that I can use my existing internal transponder? (or do I have to deal with the pain of swapping it for one of the bumper mount units).

We should be picking up ours in a day or two, assuming they can figure out how to get it to the lot. To get the color we wanted they had to swap with a dealer 120 miles away. They sent the usual shop go-fer to drive it down. On a day that came very close to sending a cold record.

I am sure he had the heat blasting, on cruise at 75 as he set out. Got about half way, and didn't know how to find a level 2 charger. (there aren't any compatible level 3 chargers within 200 miles of here) So he is using a wall plug, and after 4 hours got 35 miles into it. (I happened to be at the dealership dropping off some paperwork, when the call came in).

They now know about plugshare and chargepoint, but I am hoping that they just decide to put it on a flatbed to get ours back here.

I keep mine in my glove box. Has worked like that in my last 4 or 5 cars.

I also register my cars license so even if it doesn't, I still get charged properly.

Back