Extended Stats unexpectedly resets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone else seen this? I have a little over 10k miles on the odometer now, and it's reset on me 3 times. Nothing special seems to happen around the resets that I can tell- no big battery drains, long trips, not sure what else may trigger this. Has anyone else seen similar behavior?

f d r

formerdieselrumbler said:
Has anyone else seen this? I have a little over 10k miles on the odometer now, and it's reset on me 3 times. Nothing special seems to happen around the resets that I can tell- no big battery drains, long trips, not sure what else may trigger this. Has anyone else seen similar behavior?

f d r
auto reset at 10k mile intervals, when the services are supposed to be performed.

Yes, i've seen this too. I've had 12 resets since I got the car. Odo is at 4700 miles. Not sure what causes it and I don't really see a pattern. Sometimes it goes for as little as 3 miles. Sometimes as much as 2300 miles.

I think I remember reading that the Extended Data information automatically resets after 100 hours (unless you manually clear it).

I once accidentally reset/cleared that info when I was playing around with the control stalk.

And the other time I noticed that I was around 97 hours on the Extended Data screen...and the next time I looked...I was at around 3 hours.

Back