FOR SALE: ClipperCreek HCS-40P: SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmwtech

This unit is brand new in the box. Never used, never installed. I bought it along with my new e-Golf last week. Electrician said it won't work without fairly extensive electrical upgrades to my aging house. I paid over $600 for it. You can come pick it up in Los Gatos for $500 cash, or I'll ship it anywhere in the lower 48 for $550.
PM me if interested.

Shoot, that's too bad that it can't work for you :( We have the hard-wired version of the HCS-40 and I will vouch to any potential buyer that that's a great unit - not many bells/whistles but it's been absolutely trouble free for our two eGolfs (although we've never tried the CarNet delayed charging with it).

Good luck with the sale!

Bmwtech said:
This unit is brand new in the box. Never used, never installed. I bought it along with my new e-Golf last week. Electrician said it won't work without fairly extensive electrical upgrades to my aging house. I paid over $600 for it. You can come pick it up in Los Gatos for $500 cash, or I'll ship it anywhere in the lower 48 for $550.
PM me if interested.

How many amps are you limited to on your main panel? I assume it's a 100 amp main panel, with 2 gauge copper wire? Can you lessen the electrical loads elsewhere by going to all LED's for lights or a more efficient Air Conditioner or refrigerator? Seems hard to believe, unless you have a lot of square feet of building or some heavy stuff already in your shop, like an air compressor?

JoulesThief said:
Bmwtech said:
PM me if interested.

How many amps are you limited to on your main panel? I assume it's a 100 amp main panel, with 2 gauge copper wire? Can you lessen the electrical loads elsewhere by going to all LED's for lights or a more efficient Air Conditioner or refrigerator? Seems hard to believe, unless you have a lot of square feet of building or some heavy stuff already in your shop, like an air compressor?

My father's house, built in 1940, as originally built would not have enough "breathing room" for a 30 amp EVSE, perhaps not even a 16 amp one. He had to upgrade it to a 200 amp service as part of a renovation to include central HVAC. I believe it only had a 60 amp service originally.

My house was built in the 70's. Addition in the 90's, but no electrical upgrade. The panel is taxed. Electrician said we need to go from 100A to 200A and my main feed is underground. Trench, line, new breakers outside, new panel, ets. Just not worth it.
Or, get a 20A unit and use the drier outlet. No brainer.

Well, I am very tempted to do an e-Golf trip your way with $500 in pocket. See the coast and all that. Any good places to stay along the way you recommend, as I am too old to sleep in my car over night anymore these days.

I could get on the road today, do the transaction tonight, if that works for you, then you'd have money in hand for Black Friday specials.

As you know, it's a bit of a chore getting our cars up n down the state. The Costco charge in Goleta was in a big shopping center so that wasn't bad. Santa Barbara might've been even nicer, though a more expensive place to shop/sightsee ;)
Charged up again in SLO. Plenty of options there and food/shopping/sights.
King City is a little blip in the road. Passed through without stopping a gazillion times. But during my 3 hour charge there I wandered through town and found it quite charming. It's a migrant agriculture town with delightful Mexican bakeries and authentic little taquerias. Being from LA this might not sound appealling to you. For me it was a trip through little Mexico.
Next stop Salinas or Gilroy. Both are small towns, both have DC Fast options if you were so inclined.

Bmwtech said:
As you know, it's a bit of a chore getting our cars up n down the state. The Costco charge in Goleta was in a big shopping center so that wasn't bad. Santa Barbara might've been even nicer, though a more expensive place to shop/sightsee ;)
Charged up again in SLO. Plenty of options there and food/shopping/sights.
King City is a little blip in the road. Passed through without stopping a gazillion times. But during my 3 hour charge there I wandered through town and found it quite charming. It's a migrant agriculture town with delightful Mexican bakeries and authentic little taquerias. Being from LA this might not sound appealling to you. For me it was a trip through little Mexico.
Next stop Salinas or Gilroy. Both are small towns, both have DC Fast options if you were so inclined.
shall i consider it sold and get on the road for an adventure? Ag towns are fine with me, as long as the food is authentic mexican. With the timing, I think i may just take the passat to get the deal done today, before it's too late. Worry about lodging up there, maybe check out santa cruz also. Is there BofA in town?

So that's why you had the firm price for $600.00. Nice try. I won't mention some of the rude comments that I let you slide by with, either.

roonie said:
So that's why you had the firm price for $600.00. Nice try. I won't mention some of the rude comments that I let you slide by with, either.

What part of firm price don't you understand?

01335945371172cc75be87c3aa61c9bc.jpg

roonie said:

Evidently "$600 firm" was lost on you... you must have offered $550 eight or more times to me. What part of it didn't you understand?

I never agreed to 600. You don't have to accept my offer and I am not required to accept yours. But you don't need to be rude either. Compassion has nothing to do with any of this.

You should NEVER have ever mentioned bXXX jobs...that was crossing the line on decency. You lost all respect and any potential sale at that point.

roonie said:
I never agreed to 600. You don't have to accept my offer and I am not required to accept yours. But you don't need to be rude either. Compassion has nothing to do with any of this.

You should NEVER have ever mentioned bXXX jobs...that was crossing the line on decency. You lost all respect and any potential sale at that point.
You bring such quality posts to this board. A "happy ending" is a successful transaction that is completed. A good business transaction is when everyone goes away happy.

I suppose if your mind is in the gutter, it means something else.

I suppose if I asked you personally for a hair cut and a happy ending, it might mean something, but a dentist doing haircuts would be too demeaning for you. I'd never think to ask that.

You "had to ask", I said no. End of story. End of subject matter, you didn't get your way on price with me, now you are mad. Go find one to buy somewhere else then.

Or, you should have bought it when bmwtech first put it up for sale. But, by your posts, you only come here to take, when you need something, never to give or contribute or add anything positive.

As an aside, you emailed, then called Timmons VW, and screwed up a perfectly good e-golf purchase for bmwtech, and cost him close to another $1000, after it was already posted that the car was sold and spoken for.

Rude is coming on here and making a stink, when I've never tried to put anything up for sale here on this board.

Back