Has Car-Net been working at all for the past six months?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myhui

The app would authenticate me for the car after a 5 minute wait, and then says it's lost internet connection, or some other error message.

This is run on my phone via a reliable home Wi-Fi connection.

My recollection is that it has been like this for six months at least, where after one month of troubles I simply lost interest and don't have the time to keep trying it.

The end result is that the app is totally unusable.

Where are you located? The Car-Net app and telematics system differs depending on your geographic location — e.g. it's different for North America vs. Europe.

myhui is in Southern California.

Car-Net has been working fine for me in Northern California, via phone app, phone browser, and computer browser for the last month. My suggestions would be to:

1) Delete Car-Net from your phone and reinstall.
2) Try via computer browser and phone browser, in addition to the app.
3) Try via the vehicle parked at another location, where the cell service for the car may be better.

BomBoi said:
Mine has been down on android for a month so far

Strange. I'm on Android also and not far away (Santa Cruz) and Car Net is working as well as it ever does.

2016golfse's advice are good steps to take. If you can't get in via the Browser as well as the App then a call to customer service is probably the next step.

Even if the system can't reach the car the App should open and show last known data.

I've noticed I can't stay logged in to the app on IOS more than a few days. This may be a security feature, or could be a bug. Who knows. But the funny thing is I still get notifications for the windows being down ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BomBoi said:
Mine has been down on android for a month so far

Has it been 2 years already? I don't know when the switchover was, but for my 2016 Carnet's EV features were 3 years complimentary. For my 2019, it's now only 2 years.

Back