Hiding wires for Dashboard Camera and or GPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently purchased a dashcam for my e-Golf. The install came out okay. The part where the wire crosses the pillar is exposed. I may be able to force it in with a pry tool but I'm a little hesitant. The rest are tucked in the weather stripping.

YI DASH CAM
https://www.amazon.com/YI-1080P60-Dashboard-G-Sensor-Recording/dp/B01C89GCHU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488411081&sr=8-1&keywords=yi+dash+cam

Xiaomi-Yi-Dash-Cam-300x215.jpg

dash.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

There is a tutorial in VWVortex on how to remove the A Pillars. Seems to be on the difficult side. Since I'm only leasing, I don't really want to mess around with that. Let me know if you guys have any other suggestions!

You may want to see if it's possible to grab power from the mirror (if you have the powered one), or from the lights above the mirror. That's a common place to wire radar detectors, and it's a far shorter run.

schleppy said:
You may want to see if it's possible to grab power from the mirror (if you have the powered one), or from the lights above the mirror. That's a common place to wire radar detectors, and it's a far shorter run.

True, true. I encountered a similar problem when I was trying to move the wires for my radar detector out of the way and this solution really helped me out. I can't speak to whether or not it will work with the GPS and dashcam but it is definitely worth a shot

Back