Inconsistent Charging with Duosida Charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr5959

Hi everyone.

I have 2016 e-Golf SE.

It was charging fine in my garage with the standard 120v charger, but obviously a little slow.

So I had a 50Amp 240v socket installed and purchased a Duosida Level 2 16AMP charger.

This was working well for a few days, charging much faster obviously, but I find now on odd days I don't get a full charge after overnight charging. Sometimes it's at 72 miles, sometimes 65, a normal full charge gets me over 80.

Any ideas what could be the issue?

Thank you.

You might not want to pay attention to the miles you gain as that is only a guess based on your driving style. You should see if the car is charging to the state of charge you programmed into the e-manager. For example, if you programmed the car to charge to 80% overnight and you are waking up to the charge gauge pointing to 80%, then nothing is wrong. If the charge gauge is not consistently pointing to the same SoC, and you haven't changed the charge timing settings, then you might suspect something is wrong with the Duosida EVSE.

f1geek said:
You might not want to pay attention to the miles you gain as that is only a guess based on your driving style. You should see if the car is charging to the state of charge you programmed into the e-manager. For example, if you programmed the car to charge to 80% overnight and you are waking up to the charge gauge pointing to 80%, then nothing is wrong. If the charge gauge is not consistently pointing to the same SoC, and you haven't changed the charge timing settings, then you might suspect something is wrong with the Duosida EVSE.

What is the ‘e-manager’? Is it a setting on the car? How do I access this? Thank you.

https://www.volkswagensantamonica.com/blog/how-to-set-up-2016-volkswagen-e-golf-delayed-charging/

Back