Is it a good deal? $1500 out the door + 128/m + tax SF Bay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonring

I just got a call from vw dealer and I was offer the following deal. Is it good at all?

2016 e-golf se with DCFC

- 30 months, 7500 miles/year
- $1500 Out the door (include 1st month payment, tax, license, registration, title, fees....)
- $128 + tax (8.75%) for 29 month

eligible for CA 2500 rebates.

While good, not great.

Go here to see the best leases
http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/

@forbin404, I looked into the fine print on the advertised deal in CA(N).

For example, Serramonte VW listed 1999 cap reduction + 1000 loyalty bonus + 625 acq fee+ 39 * 30 month. =4794 + TTL

The quote I got is 347 cap reduction + 128 * 30 month. =4187 + TTL

Do you pay advertised price or you can negotiate for a better deal than that?

What that site shows is that you can negotiate below 'advertised price' Team VW seems to be able to do that.

Of course you have to understand to save thousands you need to be 'TOUGH' with the dealer, they are not your friend, they are there to make money and commissions.

forbin404. Maybe you can show me some tricks here. What should be targeted price to make it a good deal?

jasonring said:
forbin404. Maybe you can show me some tricks here. What should be targeted price to make it a good deal?
The price of the lowest item on the list.

I can't show you the tricks because it has to be YOU who makes these tough calls, some people cave in when the dealer offers 'extras' and some people just say, OK.

You asked is it a good deal, it is an 'ok' deal but if you are in the north you can do better.

jasonring said:
What should be targeted price to make it a good deal?

For a 2016, you want to at least hit the 20% off MSRP prices Hayward was doing back in July. So $25kish for an SE w/ DCFC. At this point I'd push for closer to 25% off MSRP. We're very close to seeing the 2018 models that will have 50% more range hit the lots, albeit pricing is still not known exactly.

Back in September, Hayward's offer was ~$2k out the door and 30 x $110 @ 7500 miles, so this deal is about on par with that.

Back