Leasing deal for 2016 e-golf SE in Los Angels area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy629

Hi,

My current lease will be end soon (2013 passat), and I want lease e-golf for my next car. I went the local vw dealer and also got another quote from online.

For 2016 e-golf SE model $29815 MSRP , 36 months / 30000 miles (based on the sepcial offer in VW website). they quoted me the monthly payment is 225 and the down-pay is around 2500. I believe this price is too high and asked them to make the monthly payment under 200. However, both dealer are not accepted.

Could someone tell me if this quote are making sense? I don't want get really excellent price but at least I want the price should be fair.

Thanks!

So after the state $2500 rebate, you're at about $8k total. I assume this does not include tax or any goodies like wear and tear protection.

Up here, Sunnyvale is doing it for $1000 less, albeit with a larger up front payment and only 7.5k miles a year. Still, the mileage should only be a ~$10 month difference.

http://www.sunnyvalevw.com/E-Golf

This is still higher than what we saw last year, when VW was desperate to keep their sales numbers up (never underestimate the desire of an embarrassed German to save face). In that case, down + monthly - rebate was going around $6500.

It could also be the residual value has dropped, thanks to the announcement that the 2017 or 2018 models will have significantly higher range. Would be interested to see those numbers.

If your time is important, and you might on occasion stretch the range on your car, consider going for the SE version with the 7.2KWH charger pack and CCS quick charger feature that allows you to fill up with electrons to 80% in around 20 minutes, 90% in 30 minutes. Otherwise you are looking at a 7 to 8 hour stay on the EVSE unit to get a full charge, if you pull in quite low. Plan on 80 miles of range, less if you drive over 70 mph in the HOV lane with the AC blasting.

Thank you for replying my question. The price that dealer quote me should be OTD price (also not include 2500 CA rebate). Does the price make sense if it include tax and fees? I was expected the e-golf price should be similar as Nissan leaf S. One of my friend who leased a nissan leaf S in about 1 years ago, and he paid like 2200 down and 199 per month for OTD price.

The main reason that I want get an e-golf or an electric car for it can access the carpool lane. I don't need the quick charge because I will only drive for my daily commute (about 50 miles per day), and I will charge the car at home during the night. I think the 80 miles per charge should be good enough for me.

Thanks.

andy629 said:
Thank you for replying my question. The price that dealer quote me should be OTD price (also not include 2500 CA rebate). Does the price make sense if it include tax and fees? I was expected the e-golf price should be similar as Nissan leaf S. One of my friend who leased a nissan leaf S in about 1 years ago, and he paid like 2200 down and 199 per month for OTD price.

The main reason that I want get an e-golf or an electric car for it can access the carpool lane. I don't need the quick charge because I will only drive for my daily commute (about 50 miles per day), and I will charge the car at home during the night. I think the 80 miles per charge should be good enough for me.

Thanks.
Andy, I'm in the SoCal area and I got $206 No Down 36 / 30000 for a 2016SE

That's before $2500 (which took 6 weeks)
But includes the $7500 US Rebate and the $1500 Competitive rebate.

Try VWofGG.com
http://www.vwofgg.com/global-incentives-search/2016-Volkswagen-e-Golf-Hatchback-Offers-US2016VWN1df6f85b33e2fd3c587e8f0.htm

Which is $169+tax and $2300+1900 (T&L) down. Which is close to your deal.
Just stick to your guns on the deal, it took 1.5hrs for me to get the deal listed above.

The real key to ANY lease is total cost at End. If you can get it for around $8k, then you are in a sweet zone.

I am in San Diego and just got a 2016 SE last week for $3,937 drive off and 35 payments at $169 includes 8% tax. Money factor .0008, Residual 41% 10k miles. So total lease cost of $9,852 of which I'll get back $2,500 CA rebate. If I had bought in December or January it would have been $1,000 less due to the Conquest cash offer they had. Reading the forum's, it seems people got great deals last year towards the end of the year. Inventory seems thin here now in San Diego. My lease looks about $500 less than yours total cost. PM me if you want the dealer contact info.

Thanks for fobin-404 and sptgolf. Your information are very helpful. I will try to call other dealers to see if I can get more fair price this weekend.

The e-golf inventory are very low. According Edmund, there are only 7 e-golf se within 50 miles in my home area. I probably will wait a while if those dealers still try to sell me at the rip off price.

Thanks

andy629 said:
Thanks for fobin-404 and sptgolf. Your information are very helpful. I will try to call other dealers to see if I can get more fair price this weekend.

The e-golf inventory are very low. According Edmund, there are only 7 e-golf se within 50 miles in my home area. I probably will wait a while if those dealers still try to sell me at the rip off price.

Thanks
Just as a side note, there were only 4 when I bought mine.
Once you sit down, you can always negotiate a deal. A Car Sold off the lot today is worth more than waiting 2 days to sell the same car.

Also, I did all my negotiation by phone and email. I had them deliver the car and the lease paperwork to my house. I really liked that part. Any way you slice it, when you take into account the Fed tax rebate and CA rebate you are getting a great value on a new vehicle. If you can get the deals like Forbin or others on the forum, even better.

forbin404 said:
andy629 said:

Just as a side note, there were only 4 when I bought mine.

The OP should also keep in mind that with historically low fuel prices (in California, we're paying the equivalent of people in 1955 paying 29 cents/gallon, even cheaper if you buy gas outside this state), except for Tesla, electric cars are a hard sell. It's far easier for a dealer to move a gas-guzzling V8 SUV than an all-electric car.

Plus VW's reputation currently in the toilet means that traffic at its dealerships is down; even VW's gasoline models are selling in fewer numbers than last year.

So don't let the relatively low inventory make you think it's a seller's market, because for the eGolf it's far from it

Back