Monster mats ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evinma

Does anyone know if the VW monster mats from a 2014/2015 Golf TDI/GT will fit the eGolf ? The ones being advertised for the eGolf don't seem to have much of a "lip" around the edges to catch snow and water like the previous models See VW website here
Thanks!

Hello - Sorry, this doesn't answer the question you asked, but it won't stop me from commenting anyway. :) We got the eGolf-specific rubber mats for both of our cars - the dealer said they were different than other Mk7 mats because they are lighter weight in an attempt to squeeze out every last mile of range. Indeed, while they aren't as light as the stock carpet floor mats, they do seem rather lighter than the two sets of Audi rubber mats we got for our allroad and S4.

So I am by no means certain, but if the dealer's story is to be believed (and I leave the answer that question as an exercise for the reader;) it is only due to weight reasons that the eGolf is assigned special mats. If that is the case, I would have a hunch that regular Mk7 floor mats (like these) may indeed fit the eGolf, but I can't verify that from personal experience.

We haven't had our cars through a slushy Massachusetts winter yet - if I remember, I'll post how well they work once the bad weather inevitably strikes.

Golf/GTI mats will not fit the e-Golf. One of the few body differences in the e-Golf is a slightly raised floor under the seats to fit batteries for the electric drive unit.

In my opinion the European mats are so much better than the monster mats. I've had them in every VW and Audi I've ever had. There is a substantial lip around the whole mat so they can collect a good amount of liquid.

i10456_img-3006.jpg

HabemusQuattro said:
Golf/GTI mats will not fit the e-Golf. One of the few body differences in the e-Golf is a slightly raised floor under the seats to fit batteries for the electric drive unit.

In my opinion the European mats are so much better than the monster mats. I've had them in every VW and Audi I've ever had. There is a substantial lip around the whole mat so they can collect a good amount of liquid.
Thanks for the picture ! That makes it much clearer to me. Those do look like they will catch a lot of the water. I think I'm going to have to get a set of these before the snow comes :)

Back