One Touch Window Failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For no apparent reason the one touch down/up feature of the driver's side window of my car stopped working. Just failed. So for several days I dealt with it, having to hold down the switch to get the window to go up full up or down figuring that was another buggy electronics VW issue. Of course this only made me angrier and angrier about all the other bullshit like the forced 72 degree air conditioning turning on every time I start the car and the occasional for-no-reason-whatsoever shift of the radio station to a Spanish language station at the beginning of the dial. ¡Radio estúpido!

Once one thing fails everything else that's annoying gets a lot more annoying I guess.

Then, for no apparent reason a few days later the one touch down/up feature of the window started working again. Just like that. No resets, no lubing the rubber seals, no nothing.

However, it's nice that VW wants the AC automatically turned on in the middle of the winter. Such an awesome feature! They rock!

Has anyone else experienced this fail? Any TSBs for the other stupidity yet?

There is a fix for the HVAC. The information is in this thread: 2015 e-Golf HVAC 72F fix TT87-15-02

I've not heard of the window control issue. However, I do have a friend that had the door sensors (keyless touch to lock/unlock) all fail. They fixed it in one day, so I don't know if they replaced any parts to do so.

eGolfeGirl said:
However, it's nice that VW wants the AC automatically turned on in the middle of the winter. Such an awesome feature! They rock!

If it's winter the AC temp set to 72 is practically became Heater.

Window unit can fail for several reasons it can be because of Compressor, Condenser coil , front panel or grill, fan or blower, filter etc. I got Air Conditioning fixed from amtek air when my air conditioning unit was diagnosed with Condensate drain tube issue. As air conditioning unit are costly so it is always better to take help of professionals services to repair.

Back