Phantom radio preset

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REM

Sometimes when I power on my car I experience static because the radio is tuned to 87.7 FM, which is not a local station. It's not one of my presets. It usually leaves the setting where it was last time I used the car, but when it picks the station for me, it's always 87.7. Am I missing something?

You'll need to go to your local VW dealership for a service visit. There is a TSB for 2015 e-Golfs that addresses this issue. I will not be getting this issue fixed until VW offers also a Technical Service Bulletin to address the locking charger port as well as the HVAC fan turning on at start and always resetting the temperature to 72F.

Very presumptious of VW to choose the default values for us, instead of letting us choose our own default values through the infotainment center.

JoulesThief said:
You'll need to go to your local VW dealership for a service visit. There is a TSB for 2015 e-Golfs that addresses this issue. I will not be getting this issue fixed until VW offers also a Technical Service Bulletin to address the locking charger timport as well as the fan turning on every time at start and the temp set at 72F.

Very presumptious of VW to choose the default values for us, instead of letting us choose our own default values through the infotainment center.

Thanks, glad to hear that I'm not losing my mind. :)

I was just playing with settings and noticed that in the car function (hard selection) there is a little radio icon. It was set to 87.7. I changed it to a station that I want, and now I'll see if it solves my phantom radio preset problem. It's an odd place to hide that feature.

REM said:
I was just playing with settings and noticed that in the car function (hard selection) there is a little radio icon. It was set to 87.7. I changed it to a station that I want, and now I'll see if it solves my phantom radio preset problem. It's an odd place to hide that feature.
Perhaps a picture of what you are referring to on the screen? I've no idea what hard selection is.

I've noticed if I leave the radio on, but push the Car start on off button, it can remember the station, but I don't like leaving the radio in that mode when the car is shut off. I like all my peripheral electric switches shut off before the car gets turned off.

bizzle said:
He's referring to the hardware button labeled "Car."

Yes, press the "car" button to the right of the touch screen. At the bottom left of the screen you will see a little radio icon.

Back