Range Extension Function active/installed (VCDS find)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmayoort

HI. Justo looking around with the vcds in my e-golf I found this uncheck box. Unfortunately, I can´t check it because I don´t have the security code.
Does anybody what could it be?
BHgynv.jpg

Guessing this is for an add or (or maybe hopefully factory in the future) range extender which is a gas or diesel engine that turns on when the battery drains to a certain level while driving. This allows you to charge while driving allowing and basically gives an unlimited range. Hopefully this is something VW plans to add in the future, I would love to get down to one car.

Europe already has the GTE and other plug in hybrids. We won't be getting them here probably because that particular model would cannibalize eTron sales. I would not get hopes up for any of the functionality to appear here for some time, if ever.

bizzle said:
Europe already has the GTE and other plug in hybrids.

Yep, I was just gonna say because it shares software with the GTE.

bizzle said:
We won't be getting them here probably because that particular model would cannibalize eTron sales.

I take it the ZEV credits go by brand, with VW and Audi being considered separate? That's rather silly. The GTE is a much more eco-friendly car than the eTron and more affordable. I would love to see more cars on the market that can rival the Volt's numbers.

The eTron is also a rather ugly car, if you ask me.

Back