San Diego Lease Deal...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyPenFly

It's been a bear to find a Pacific Blue SE 2016 in Socal.

After hour and hours of negotiation, I was only able to negotiate down to $8,000 for the total cost of the lease. The $2,500 is going to me so total cost is $5,500. The guys in San Diego don't seem capable of moving any lower because stock is so low and demand much higher recently.

In fact, they won't even budge on the $795 for the Wear & Tear package. They indicate it's cost to them but from I read here, some people got it for $509?

Anyway, because of the rarity of the color I want and it's one of the last in stock in Pacific Blue in Socal, I've been thinking about just jumping on it anyway. Thoughts?

That's only about $1,000 more than what we leased our SE for back when the loyalty bonus was $2K.

I think we got our wear and tear package for 600ish. I guess you could look at it as the difference only being $6 per month. I hate thinking in those terms, but depending on how badly you want the car then you have to ask how willing you are to walk away from the table.

Another thing to consider is whether you'd prefer the fast charging option. Those models should be arriving soon enough in our area, but who knows what kinds of incentives there will be when they're available or what you're willing to pay for an SE.

Sometimes if you really want the car bad enough, but you're having trouble finding one elsewhere, you have to be willing to pay what the seller wants for it. Keep in mind that people who paid $500 for their coverage may have paid more elsewhere in the contract.

Personally, a net cost of $5500 over a 36 month lease is an awesome deal. You'd be hard pressed to lease a base model Nissan Leaf for that kind of money at the moment (NMAC recently lowered residual values to reflect...reality).

Under California law you can cancel the wear & tear coverage (it's basically an extended warranty of its own) up to the time specified in the contract if you decide that it really is too much, or you find coverage elsewhere for less.

Had a very similar experience in San Diego. Some other folks on the forum had good luck going to Murrietta VW. It was definitely worth it. Had a good Salesperson Aaron Jensen.

Our lease with $0 down 12k miles is at $128 mo with taxes factoring in all rebates.

egolfEr said:
Had a very similar experience in San Diego. Some other folks on the forum had good luck going to Murrietta VW. It was definitely worth it. Had a good Salesperson Aaron Jensen.

Our lease with $0 down 12k miles is at $128 mo with taxes factoring in all rebates.
HUH? This price is unreal.

Can you post the residual and the selling price?

I referred him to Murrieta and, assuming he got a deal similar to mine, selling price was just under 26K with an 11K residual.

2016 se, 36 mos, 12k miles year, $0 down, $0 drive offs
Sale price, $25,920
Rebates: 9199.98
Monthly: 185.17 + 14.81 tax =199.98
residual: 12,224.15

total payments 35*199.98 = $6999.30 -$2500 rebate = $4499.30 /36 = $124.98 month

egolfEr said:
2016 se, 36 mos, 12k miles year, $0 down, $0 drive offs
Sale price, $25,920
Rebates: 9199.98
Monthly: 185.17 + 14.81 tax =199.98
residual: 12,224.15

total payments 35*199.98 = $6999.30 -$2500 rebate = $4499.30 /36 = $124.98 month

This is a smoking deal ! I wonder how they brought down the selling price so much !?!

It seems like people are getting approx these deals

36 mos 12k miles, Total Payments

NorCal: ~$3500 3 years
SoCal: ~$5500 3 years
Outside San diego: ~4500

Most dealerships have holdback and if they sell a certain number of cars they get other cash incentives. So it really depends, how close they are to meeting or exceeding their sales numbers and what they are willing to lose on certain deals to get other incentives from Corporate.

They wouldn't budge any more on the price than the 8k. It was their last E-Golf on the lot and they won't be getting the Pacific Blue for a while. There were some others available in LA but my own time energy and effort wasn't worth the savings.

FlyPenFly said:
They wouldn't budge any more on the price than the 8k. It was their last E-Golf on the lot and they won't be getting the Pacific Blue for a while. There were some others available in LA but my own time energy and effort wasn't worth the savings.

Congratulations on your new e-Golf. Spend some time driving it, learning about it, putting your brain in "adaptive mode" to your new to you, quirky German sedan. Many people complain about VW's when they first get them. This is to be expected any time there is change in what you drive. The key is to drive with an open mind, and adapt to your new surroundings and functions while driving, not have the car adapt to you.

Charging etiquette is the next major hurdle. Public charging stations are not your parking lot. You are there, much like a public toilet, to shit and get off the pot. Why? Because someone else is waiting to use the charger. So do your charging business, and once it's completed, be gone. There are a lot of douchebags out there that abuse charging stations thinking that they are parking spots. They aren't, they are charging stations, you just happen to have to park at them to charge for a while. Don't dawdle, do your business and then if completed, immediately move your car, there's someone that needs to charge now more than you, waiting.

Inventory is extremely low right now in San Diego. Picking colors is non existent, we tried to do several dealer trades and no one was biting. Again things can change check VW.com for inventory. Jan 4 th the conquest cash goes bye bye.

Pacific blue was that Kearney Mesa?

Lol that should tell you how few cars there are in San Diego. I actually tried to buy that same blue egolf the day it came in at Kearney...but we were to far apart in the numbers.

It's a really nice color.

Lol we must have missed each other by a few hours. I was the first one to test drive it and the wrap was still on it.

With $2000 owner loyalty, on Oct 6th, I paid $25,300 before taxes and registration on a white with tan 2015 SEL. $2500 rebate banked, $7500 tax credit maybe 45 to 50 days out when I file my 2015 1040.

That was then... VW was getting the stink eye by the press then big time, daily. The market has changed since then. Some have done better than me, price wise. Deals are where you find them and how far you are willing to travel to chase them down... timing the market is everything.

FlyPenFly said:
Lol we must have missed each other by a few hours. I was the first one to test drive it and the wrap was still on it.

Awesome, you truly got a NEW car ;) I think I waited 2 weeks trying to find a color I really wanted, first was looking for Limestone, no where to be found or traded, than the urano gray, then the blue(@ Kearney), finally settled on silver.

For anyone else looking for pacific Blue in So Cal... a 2015 w/ 7.2kwh charger on board, DC QC combo charger, etc, etc, which at this point in time, I am sure they will negotiate in price for lease or sale.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/632063540/overview/

Back