September e-golf sales 343, down from 381...pathetic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cove3

http://insideevs.com/september-2015-plug-electric-vehicle-sales-report-card/

The bmw i3 was 1710, up from 729. And now VW management has to spend all it's time on the emissions scandal instead of focusing on getting it to the other 38 states and getting the Level 3 charging network going.

Ron

cove3 said:
http://insideevs.com/september-2015-plug-electric-vehicle-sales-report-card/

The bmw i3 was 1710, up from 729. And now VW management has to spend all it's time on the emissions scandal instead of focusing on getting it to the other 38 states and getting the Level 3 charging network going.

Ron

Yes, thats pretty disappointing, since the eGolf is so much more practical than the i3 from a space / seat configuration standpoint. With the right PR effort they would have sold more. I just found out because I walked into a dealership to fix an issue on my gas car and then after a test drive was hellbent on replacing it with the eGolf... happened the same month in January, drove 9500 electric miles since then mostly powered by solar power electricity :)

Michael

EV sales seem to go up and down monthly. According to the Inside EV report, there isn't a lot of e-Golf inventory [?] Also low gas prices discourage electric car sales. I was interested in the i3, but the more I look at it, the less I like it. What VW did was terrible, but I'm not sure it would discourage me from buying one, assuming VW remains viable and straightens things out. An issue like the GM ignition switch issue WOULD discourage me from buying one of their cars. Don't like GM anyway. Remember that the Leaf has a major sales head start on the e-Golf.

They need to break by EV and BEV sales for cars that have that option (like i3). I bet most of that is BEV that's for now more practical with current situation with chargers.

Most of i3 I saw on my commute have green stickers (meaning it's BEV).

vetaldj said:
They need to break by EV and BEV sales for cars that have that option (like i3). I bet most of that is BEV that's for now more practical with current situation with chargers.

Most of i3 I saw on my commute have green stickers (meaning it's BEV).
i3 with CA Green sticker is the one with the range extender. Battery only gets the White stickers. However, I agree that sales should be broken out for BEV and REx just like others are broken out Gas / Hybrid / Plug-In Hybrid.

Back