Service cost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GadgetGav

Sorry if this has been asked before, but the search function won't let me search for 'service' and / or 'cost'...

How much are people being charged for the 10,000 mile / 1 year service on the e-Golf? When I leased mine, the dealer talked about a pre-paid package which they offer for other models but the pricing hadn't been worked out for the e-Golf at the time (December '14).

There's really nothing to the service:
Tires: Rotate front to rear
Brake Pads: Check brake pad thickness and brake disc condition (front and rear)
Every 1 year - Airbag system - visual check
Rear window: check cleaning nozzle functionality (if applicable)
Service interval display - Reset (if applicable)
Service sticker: Enter the date of the next service on the service sticker and apply to windshield
Windshield washers, headlight cleaning system, and wiper blades: Check for damage and function, check fluid level and add if necessary

But that doesn't mean that a car dealer isn't going to find a way to gouge us on the cost of it...

This is the service schedule I got for 16 egolf from VW customer care.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByN64Ec3dVceSVlSWUVmM2hpQU5ZcGJCbzlnNFJqTUVXWnZZ/view?usp=sharing

I guess you can skip the 3yr one if your lease mileage is less than 10k/year?
The first one is just nothing but a visual check of the brake pad which can be done for free in a lot of places.

One dealer told me that the battery cells have to removed from the car and check one by one with a special equipment. It may be the 20k maintenance. If it takes time, then it could be expensive. Still, you don't need to buy the prepaid service right away. Why not wait until people know for sure how much it costs.

Thanks for that official list. There's even less on there for 10K than on the list I got from the dealer website when I booked it..!

The line you were told about having to remove the battery cells and inspect them one by one sounds like old-school ICE car dealer speak to me... There are over 200 cells in the battery pack and it weighs over 700 pounds. I also believe the construction of it is sealed for management and crash protection reasons. I'm sure if it fails, it's replaced as a complete unit, so I can't see that a dealer workshop is going to be equipped to open it up and inspect each cell.
jrzcb9.jpg

24pjjgh.jpg

Back