Service "Inspection Now" light On - What are folks doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeep

The "Inspection Now!" message just came on, initially it was asking for an upcoming "oil service", lol, but now it just says the said message. What are folks doing, I have seen responses indicating folks have just reset the indicator. Any experience with taking to the $tealer?

I do have a few niggles I want checked out:
1. Sometimes in "Recuperation Mode 3" or drive mode "B" the car does not do full regenerative braking, I know this because when it is working properly and I let go of the accelerator the car starts to slow down and the Miles/kWh indicator goes up, however when it is not working the car coasts and battery regen indicator does not go all the way to the green. Anyone else see a similar issue?

2. The charging and departure time especially with charging at specific time as per my Electric Plan does not seem to be working properly. How do I delete charge times and locations?

Thanks

1. High recuperation is not available when the battery is fully charged. If you live up a hill and charge at home, you will encounter this a lot. If it really bothers you, the charging settings can be changed to not charge the car fully. If you have a 2016, there's really not that much to spare and it may force you to choose increments of 10%. It's software. I don't know why they do stuff like that. What's wrong with 1% increments?

2. If you have a 2016, you can go into the e-Manager settings and do it there. 2015's must use the CarNet app to change the charging schedules. VW has a videos for how to do this.
2016 In-car settings: http://knowyourvw.com/?page=video&id=52&autoplay=5386
2016 App settings: http://knowyourvw.com/?page=video&id=52&autoplay=5266

Thanks for the replies and the video links, great info.

I have 14k on the ODO, should I go in for the Inspection or is it waste of money?

jeep said:
Thanks for the replies and the video links, great info.

I have 14k on the ODO, should I go in for the Inspection or is it waste of money?
Waste? Depends on what's wrong with your car.

20k is the next required service.

Here is the maintenance schedule for the 2015: http://www.vwcorporatefleet.com/vw/documents/pdfs/MY15%20e-Golf%20-%20Maintenance%20Schedule.pdf

But for the high voltage battery parts, you should be able to either DIY 95% of this or find yourself a good independent that won't charge you an arm and a leg.

I recall someone was quoted $300 for the 20K service, which again, other than the high voltage battery stuff, consists of:
1) brake inspection
2) tire check and rotation
3) windshield washer fluid top-off
4) cabin filter change

It'll be interesting to see what the cost for the high voltage battery inspection is going to be. Other than checking the SOC, it looks like it's mostly a visual inspection for damage. Hopefully we'll get some independent shops starting to play in that area soon, though it may require specialized equipment that is unavailable at a reasonable cost.

Back