thumping noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymej

I loved how quiet the e-Golf was. We took our car in a few months ago because our AC suddenly stopped working. Apparently there was a software update that needed to be run and that fixed the AC issue. BUT now there is a thudding noise coming from the rear of the car. Just took it in for the 10,000 mile service. They checked the tires, the bearings, rotated the tires....and no luck. The noise is still there. The service technician drove the car and heard the noise, but the dealership has no idea what it is.

Has anyone experienced this? I miss my quiet ride!

jaymej said:
I loved how quiet the e-Golf was. We took our car in a few months ago because our AC suddenly stopped working. Apparently there was a software update that needed to be run and that fixed the AC issue. BUT now there is a thudding noise coming from the rear of the car. Just took it in for the 10,000 mile service. They checked the tires, the bearings, rotated the tires....and no luck. The noise is still there. The service technician drove the car and heard the noise, but the dealership has no idea what it is.

Has anyone experienced this? I miss my quiet ride!

Does it make thudding sounds driving slow, or fast? Related to the condition or surface of road? Or to road speed? Probably some aerodynamic moulding clips that have come undone, and something is flapping around under there in back, when the wind speed under there gets too high.

Pretty sure it's the fake spare trunk cover. It's shaped like a drum and bonks around while driving. I shoved a towel under it against the metal and appears to have improved it quite a bit. Tempted to spray a few squirts of spray expansion foam under there.

Back