Time Setting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkuballa

For some reason, the time in my car (e-Golf 2016 SEL) is one hour off. I have set it to use the GPS time and to use "Pacific (UTC-8)". However, it looks like it is still doing PDT, although the "daylight saving time" in the time setting menu is un-checked (actually, the "daylight saving time" us grayed out and I can not change it at all). What am I missing?

Unfortunately, my e-Golf did not come with a user manual and I can not find it anywhere on the Internet. Does anybody know where I can download the manual(s) for my car?

cheers,
Werner

IN your infotainment center, go into "settings". Find "clock" and uncheck daylight savings time first. If that doesn't fix it, leave daylight savings time unchecked, and manually reset the time on the clock. If you can't manage that, go in to a VW dealership and have them help you. Get a new owners manual for your car, even if it costs you some money, you'll need it with this electric car.

Take a look at the VW instructional site below. They used to have the manuals online, but it looks like they took them down. They were very hard to navigate the way they broke them down into smaller segments, so not much of a loss.

http://knowyourvw.com/index.html

miimura said:
Take a look at the VW instructional site below. They used to have the manuals online, but it looks like they took them down. They were very hard to navigate the way they broke them down into smaller segments, so not much of a loss.

http://knowyourvw.com/index.html
You know someone beat me to it, I noticed this on Monday as well.

Might be an issue with 2016 SE without speed charger. (Thought OP has a 2016 SEL) I had to turn off DST on TUESDAY to get the clock to correct. Maybe they think -08:00 is in AZ?
What's odd is I didn't notice this in April, just in Oct.

And yes miimura, I watched that video, it says 'set the DST button'...that's about it.

I'm on Pacific Time (GMT -8) so it's detecting the zone OK, but is either not updating automatically, or set to do so on the wrong schedule. Either way, manually un-checking DST bumped mine back an hour to the correct time.

eGolf_DST.JPG

eGolf_NoDST.JPG

Funny coincidence: the clock on this website is wrong too. It shows I posted at 3:57 PM but it was actually 2:57.

Unlike our expectation, the dst checkbox simply moves the displayed time one hour forward.
When dst ends, once again you manually change the setting by removing the check mark.

You can't make this stuff up.

Barry

Back