Trip Odometer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmeister

Hello,

I recently perused the thread regarding accessing the trip odometer and there was not a resolution found to the issue. I'd like to repost in hopes that maybe some new readers, or those before involved, might have advice on how to find the trip odometer, because there are no adequate instructions to be found in the owner's manual which shipped with my 2016 SEL.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

PS-- There was one forum member, who made highly ironic and disrespectful comments in the previous odo thread, who I ask not to reply.

As shown in the previous thread, this is the best explanation of how to do it:

Preben said:
The function of the "0.0" button depends on the state of the car:
1. When the ignition is on, and you push and hold the button, you can reach three different functions: Time, service, and switch between range and trip display. Just hold the button pushed until you reach the function you want, then release it. When you reach "switch between range and trip", release the button, and you will be asked if you really mean it. Push the button once, and the display changes. Once the trip is visible, the "0.0" button resets it if you push it once.
2. When the ignition is off, the meachnism is the same, but the functions you can reach with the long press are: time and 12V battery SOC. Release the button on the latter, and you will see the state of charge of the 12V battery.

Also, please note that setting the time from this screen will normally be overridden by the infotainment system and its automatic updates from its satellite signals.

I hadn't been able to find this in the thread or the manual. Thanks very much -- it worked perfectly!

Back