Unable to create new Batter + Climate Profile via carnet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evnoob

I've been trying to use the carnet.vw.com website to create a new Battery + Climate Profile for my 2016 SEL, and every-time I try (no matter time of day or where the car is parked) I get the same error message:

Service not able to create or update profile. Please try again after some time.

Most other aspects of the Carnet site seem to work ok (I can check my batter level, set speed alerts, etc).

Frankly I'm also not sure how these profiles are supposed to interplay with the charging locations that I can create from the infotainment unit built into the car. It looks to be effectively the same thing, but the one charging location I setup in the car does not show up in the Carnet web app.

Any guidance on the difference between the profiles and charging locations, and/or how to get beyond the web app error message when creating a new profile, would be appreciated.

You need to call CarNet and have them figure out what's going on. Just be glad you can do it in the car. Honestly, I don't think I would bother with CarNet scheduling if I had a 2016.

Honestly, I don't think I would bother with CarNet scheduling if I had a 2016.

Yep, that may well be the answer. I just find it galling how poorly implemented this web app is...

thanks for the reply.

Evnoob said:
Honestly, I don't think I would bother with CarNet scheduling if I had a 2016.

Yep, that may well be the answer. I just find it galling how poorly implemented this web app is...

thanks for the reply.
Can you go into the car and delete the profile there?

Back