USB Media-in cable doesn't recognize USB drives.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acdcvw

I ordered the VW MDI USB Adapter from my dealership. When I plug in USB drives the light on the drive activates but the display doesn't recognize it. I've tried two different thumb drives one is usb 2.0 and the other is 3.0. When I check sources the 'Media-in' area is grayed out and non-selectable. I looked through the manual and it didn't address this situation but It did reference the ability to play mp3 files from the USB cable.

Hate to have to make an appointment for something to trivial but if it isn't working as intended then it should be addressed especially if it's a widespread issue.

Not trying to sync with my phone. I'm trying to play mp3's off of thumb drives. The manual says it should work.

acdcvw said:
Not trying to sync with my phone. I'm trying to play mp3's off of thumb drives. The manual says it should work.

Yeah, I knew it was a thumb drive for you by wanted to share my experience as reference. I wonder if that doesn't work, Have you tried to copy mp3s to an SD card and played it from the slots in the glove box? Haven't messed with this yet.

Back