VW Car-Net not available in Canada?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomasm

Why is this APP not available to Canadian eGolf owners? Any idea if it's coming some time in the future and if so are the 2017 models future proof?

Thomasm said:
Why is this APP not available to Canadian eGolf owners? Any idea if it's coming some time in the future and if so are the 2017 models future proof?

Ask VW of Canada. Canada is such a small market and with providers, it's not worth the headache for VW to support it. Welcome to the world of being a beta tester in a small market, and executive decisions.

Really hope they get car-net working in Canada...

That is the one minus that might sway me over to a leaf instead...

Anyone know of any developments? Is this a CRTC thing? is Bell and Rogers fighting over this?

I'm not sure Car-net should be a deal breaker in favour on a Leaf...its definitely a nice to have but I really like the quality finish and the handling of the eGolf...I think it the biggest bang for your buck.

I hardly ever use my car-net in my 2015 SEL. In my mind, it's an irrelevant selling point to the car. I wanted the better heater, the leatherette interior, and the LED headlights were a must.

can you set two pre-condition times in e-manager?

Say,.. one at 6am, so be climate conditioned for 6:30am leave time and one at 3:30pm to be climate conditioned at 4pm?

That's kind of why I wanted the car-net mostly, so I can control when I want the car climate conditioned remotely using my phone...

I guess it is more of a nice to have luxury feature...

Back