What are 2015 SEL Premium going for now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a $26,500 quote w/ loyalty incentive for a silver 2015 SEL. After Fed and State incentives, I'm at $16,500 financed through VW over 72 month at 0%. Is this a decent deal? Makes me think buying makes more sense than leasing at this rate. Thanks.

I paid 26.5 for my 2015 SEL last week in Boston. It's about as good as it gets. One guy on here got an SEL back in October for 25.5 but thats when VW was offering 2k owner loyalty.

For what it's worth, used 2015 SEL's with 15k miles are going for $22k+. Those don't even get Fed or State credits/rebates.

I figured I can buy it for 26.5, get my 10k in credits/rebates, and then maybe sell it in 3 or 4 years for around $15k. Not around much to put heavy miles on her.

Hell, if you want to turn it into a "2016", just drop $800 and add Carplay seperately :lol:

polymathic said:
I got a $26,500 quote w/ loyalty incentive for a silver 2015 SEL. After Fed and State incentives, I'm at $16,500 financed through VW over 72 month at 0%. Is this a decent deal? Makes me think buying makes more sense than leasing at this rate. Thanks.

Wow, I would jump on that... with 72 months, that's a smoking deal. You did well for yourself. At that price, don't bitch about the Ipod connector, or the temp settings and fan coming on, or the radio doing it's reset to 88.7FM... Soon enough, a hidden easter egg will show up with VCDS and a cable to reset that stuff. BTW, I find if I leave the radio on, but power off, most of the time, the radio holds the station it was on instead of resetting.

You also get the locking J-1772, so you need to press "unlock" icon on the keyfob 1x to unlock the charge handle and then wait a second for the "thunk" then remove the charging handle. Don't leave your car parked at a public recharging station. With that locker, reprogram your mind, you are at a recharging station, locked, not a parking spot.... so, as I like to say shit, and get off the pot... charge and relocate when you are finished charging, others are waiting for it, it's not a parking spot. Do your business, and then be gone... because with a locker charger, others can't disconnect you when you finished charging.

Make sure you will have enough tax liability to qualify for the full $10,000. It's a credit, not a rebate. If you don't owe more than $10,000 this year you won't get the full amount.

You can't add CarPlay for $800, not reliably anyway. There are some CarPlay compatible headunits becoming available but they won't be integrated into the car as well as one with it integrated. There are some threads for Golf MK7 about this if it's important to you and you want to research first.

bizzle said:
Make sure you will have enough tax liability to qualify for the full $10,000. It's a credit, not a rebate. If you don't owe more than $10,000 this year you won't get the full amount.

You can't add CarPlay for $800, not reliably anyway. There are some CarPlay compatible headunits becoming available but they won't be integrated into the car as well as one with it integrated. There are some threads for Golf MK7 about this if it's important to you and you want to research first.

The Federal tax credit is $7500. If you paid in more than $7500 in federal taxes for calendar tax year 2015, you should get the full $7500 federal tax credit, if you bought the car and will have title some day.

Yes, it's only $7,500, I'm not sure why I brainfarted that one. The $2,500 California state rebate is an actual rebate.
But the point still stands that a potential buyer needs to make sure his or her tax liability is as much or more than the federal tax credit or it won't be fully utilized.

You can take title after a lease is up, you just have to pay the residual.
My leasing terms are that I can pay just a little over $15k if I decide to buy the car after the lease is up.

The current pacing of technology, the high incentives to lease/sell new models, and the fact that current lease deals are competitive with purchase deals, make leasing a better option in my opinion. There isn't a downside in these particular leasing plans and the buyers are taking on significant risk regarding the value of their eGolfs three years down the road.

You're going to be paying for that car for the next six years. If you decide to sell it in three years, it's going to be difficult to find someone who wants yours at what you think the market value will be when that person will qualify for $10K off the purchase/lease price of a new one with much better technology (unless you think the state of electrical vehicles will not change in 3 -6 years).

VW has to sell 200,000 EV's before the federal tax credits dry up. They won't reach that for a while. It's not likely that you can buy the car for $26K and sell it for $15K like rwill suggested since that's how much a new one costs and will cost in the near future. I haven't seen used ones selling for $22k, but I'd like to see which ones have actually sold for that amount.

Obama wants to increase the Federal credit to $10,000 - we'll see if it happens in 2016, but I doubt it.

$26.5k for a 2015 SEL with 0% financing is a smokin' deal. Heck, even if you only keep the car 2-3 years, you'll still come out ahead compared to leasing, that is assuming you qualify for the full $7,500 tax credit (and most of us reading this do).

I'd jump on it myself but really want a car with AppConnect built-in from day one. Although, considering a 2016 SEL will probably go for over $30k I'm sure one can easily find and install the headunit of their choice and still have $ left over.

Negotiating a 2015 silver SEL in San Diego.
Tried to get them to 27k. No go.
Their best was 32k.

I said thanks but no thanks.

Would have been nice to get 25500...

Cclcal said:
Their best was 32k.

Take a crack at a white on 2015 SEL in Coachella Valley VW inventory. Call them, tell them you think they have what you want, and tell them what you qualify for... and ask them to email you their best Internet price. Get ahold of the internet manager and talk to him when doing this. $25.5 is probably too deep a cut, now, $26,200 to 26,500 is what you might see.

If they give you a great price, hustle on up there and sign the paperwork, and tell us about it after the fact, after it's yours, and it's in your driveway.

I am at 90 days with mine, white with tan interior... and I've pretty much nothing but praise for mine. It responds well to my mild driving habits with increase range per charge.

I just leased a 2015 e-golf SEL (white with black leather) for $0 out of pocket up front, and 35 months at $260.75/mo. My agreed upon purchase price was $27,600 (discount of $8700). I also received another $9000 in cap cost reduction which covered the pass through of the $7500 federal tax credit, the first month payment, sales tax, registration, doc fees, etc. I only received the $9,000 by agreeing to a high money factor lease that cost me $1409 in "rent charges". I feel like I did pretty good, considering I didn't have to drop any money at all up front, my first payment isn't due until February, and I will still get the $2500 CA rebate on top of all the other incentives I received.

JoulesThief said:
Cclcal said:
Their best was 32k.

Take a crack at a white on 2015 SEL in Coachella Valley VW inventory. Call them, tell them you think they have what you want, and tell them what you qualify for... and ask them to email you their best Internet price. Get ahold of the internet manager and talk to him when doing this. $25.5 is probably too deep a cut, now, $26,200 to 26,500 is what you might see.

If they give you a great price, hustle on up there and sign the paperwork, and tell us about it after the fact, after it's yours, and it's in your driveway.

I am at 90 days with mine, white with tan interior... and I've pretty much nothing but praise for mine. It responds well to my mild driving habits with increase range per charge.

Ended up leasing 2015 limited edition closer to San Diego, Murrieta VW.
27825 sale price -1500 - 7500.
.00015 MF, 37% residual, 10k, 3 yrs.
Cap cost 11683.
3999$ drive off.
127/month for 35 months.

If I did lease from coachella or other places, how do I get it home?

I had deal at Santa Monica VW for the SE but didn't sign because I didn't have time to stop and charge on the way home to San Diego.

Thanks

Cclcal said:
If I did lease from coachella or other places, how do I get it home?

You should be able to make it from Indio to either Riverside or Murrieta on a full charge, although it would be cutting it close. If you come up short, VW will give you a free tow to the dealership there. Of course when you arrive they'd probably ask what the story was. Slightly awkward conversation. :lol:

Or just pay a http://www.uship.com/vehicles

I think VW will tow you to at least 100 miles. AAA will tow you up to 250 miles or something like that. I would think they're all flatbed.

Yeah, I knew about the 100 mile free tow, but I was not going to do that on the first night I drive the car.

Shipping was an option but easier to find something within range....

Cclcal said:
Yeah, I knew about the 100 mile free tow, but I was not going to do that on the first night I drive the car.

AAA tows 10 miles. 250 only if you are upgraded I believe.

VW will flatbed it right to your house for a relatively low fee. I think they quoted me about $400 dollars to bring it to me from Escondido.
Basic towing from AAA is only 6 miles, I think, but you can stack them up (tow for 6, tow for 6, then tow again for 6 more) if you have enough allotments in the year left. AAA also has trucks with chargers on them.
VW roadside assistance is supposed to only tow you to the nearest dealer or authorized repair center, but Murrieta called ahead when we leased our SE from them and cleared it with the roadside assistance that if we didn't make it home we could get towed home since that would be the closest place to "repair" the issue (being out of charge).

AAA Premier will give you a single 200 mile tow for a calendar year and a few more 100 mile ones. The Premier isn't very much.

My story, Internet lease "special" in Hayward, SF Bay Area.
2016 white SEL MSRP $36,415
Got them to $28.5k.
Then deducted the $7.5k Fed credit, and $2k trade-in on my old ICE Golf and was quite happy with $19k, financed just under $21k after adding in taxes and registration.

Used the CA rebate to upgrade my main panel at home and put in the Siemens VC30GRYU EVSE and now can charge in a few hours after midnight.

Really like the car and the way it handles.

forbin404 said:
Cclcal said:

AAA tows 10 miles. 250 only if you are upgraded I believe.

I asked VW santa monica to flatbed it to san diego and they said they dont do that.
Oh well.
I did think I could drive to various dealers and charge but it was getting late and kids had school the next day.

Im happy w my Murrieta experience....

Back