Infotainment shut down due to Heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forbin404

As it's hitting 100 every day in California these days.

Friday, I get in the car (Parked outside all day)
Get in, and notice the Car says 100 deg on the dashboard.
All of a sudden my radio says 'Due to Overheat, Infotainment will shut down', which it promptly does!
After about 10 minutes of running the AC and driving, I can turn it back on.

Anyone else have this happen?

It's routinely been 112+ here in Phoenix lately, and I have NOT experienced this. My car is parked outside all day as well.

I've got the 2015 SEL Premium - do we have different infotainment systems?

Spektre said:
It's routinely been 112+ here in Phoenix lately, and I have NOT experienced this. My car is parked outside all day as well.

I've got the 2015 SEL Premium - do we have different infotainment systems?
Please, let us know how battery degradation occurs, if at all, on your SEL. What kw per hour rate do you most frequently recharge at?

I have not had this happen to a car infotainment system, but I have seen it happen with things like smartphones so it's not that surprising. I also wonder if exterior/interior color combination might have something to do with it happening to one person but not another.

I'd suggest using a sunshade in the windshield and perhaps a towel over the dash covering the display, and perhaps investing in window tinting to help keep the rest of the interior cool. Here's the tinting on mine:

56706743-E8E0-494E-9ED1-6ADAE03500B3_zpsbmzrt36s.jpg

Back