PacBlue

Car-Net app updated (iOS version)

Just noticed this morning that the iOS (mobile) version of Car-Net forced a software update on my iPhone (now version 2.2.1 dated 1/12/17); required a new 8-digit confirmation which the app accepted -- initial screen showed a Beetle convertible icon and then it eventually changed to an e-Golf; still not working all the time (may try the 'disconnect 12V battery' process that a few others have mentioned) but the interface seems to have a changed a bit. As I'm using Verizon on my phone and others already mentioned that the app uses Verizon Telematics not sure what the issues on connecting might be --- as my e-Golf is used I did need to have them change their records which they did; the whole app is klutzy to say the least but haven't quite given up yet --- would be nice if I could get the pre-climate portion to work, we'll see!

The app also added Apple Watch access ---
2017 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 19" Sport Wheels, EAP
Red Multi-Coat
2015 VW e-Golf LE (CPO; traded-in at 11K miles)
Pacific Blue
2012 Nissan LEAF SL (traded-in at 5 yrs; 46K miles)
Cayenne Red
EVSE: 10/07/11 Schneider EVlink
forbin404

Re: Car-Net app updated (iOS version)

PacBlue wrote:Just noticed this morning that the iOS (mobile) version of Car-Net forced a software update on my iPhone (now version 2.2.1 dated 1/12/17); required a new 8-digit confirmation which the app accepted -- initial screen showed a Beetle convertible icon and then it eventually changed to an e-Golf; still not working all the time (may try the 'disconnect 12V battery' process that a few others have mentioned) but the interface seems to have a changed a bit. As I'm using Verizon on my phone and others already mentioned that the app uses Verizon Telematics not sure what the issues on connecting might be --- as my e-Golf is used I did need to have them change their records which they did; the whole app is klutzy to say the least but haven't quite given up yet --- would be nice if I could get the pre-climate portion to work, we'll see!

The app also added Apple Watch access ---
The android one is down to charging, climate , and delayed charging...that's it.
The web still has Horn, Lock/Unlock , Light Flash, and Battery Range.
2017 Kia Soul EV+

2016 e-Golf SE (Returned)
2015 Fiat 500e (Returned)
forbin404

Wonder what the unpaid people get.
I think your car is still under a year old right?
2017 Kia Soul EV+

Jeremy1026

forbin404 wrote:
Wonder what the unpaid people get.
I think your car is still under a year old right?
You get 3-years of e-features free. So charging and heat. You get 1-year of full Car-Net, parking position and the button in the headliner free with the car purchase.
Jeremy1026

So after playing with it a bit today, the watch app is all but useless. You can't check the status of the car if the iOS app has logged you out. So you have to take out the phone, open the app, enter your PIN, then check the status on the watch. At that point might as well just use the phone.
forbin404

Jeremy1026 wrote:So after playing with it a bit today, the watch app is all but useless. You can't check the status of the car if the iOS app has logged you out. So you have to take out the phone, open the app, enter your PIN, then check the status on the watch. At that point might as well just use the phone.
Wait till you have to put the car code AND the pin again.
2017 Kia Soul EV+

JoulesThief

forbin404 wrote:
Jeremy1026 wrote:So after playing with it a bit today, the watch app is all but useless. You can't check the status of the car if the iOS app has logged you out. So you have to take out the phone, open the app, enter your PIN, then check the status on the watch. At that point might as well just use the phone.
Wait till you have to put the car code AND the pin again.
:lol: Not quite yet ready for prime time. The only thing I am interested in is how much longer the recharge session is going to take.
2015 e-Golf SEL
2015 Passat TDI SEL
2014 Touareg TDI LUX

Full spectrum VW owner, life is too short to wait to drive for a recharge.
BarryMW

Another Dumb VW decision

So it looks like VW wants $199/year for the Remote functions in the IOS App.
VW, I'm not going to pay that......... EVER.

I think when the lease is up I'll need to be looking at the Remote settings on an i3

Way to go VW, took a really happy 2015 E-Golf SEL customer and turned them against you.
I hope the ~5% of customers that do renew made that worth while!

Sincerely

Barry
2017/18 E-Golf DAP
2017 500e
Solar 8KW

2015 500e
2015 E-Golf
f1geek

Just updated the iOS app. I'm running iOS 9 as my iPhone 4S is not supported by iOS 10. Car-Net works better than it did before - it is clearly snappier than the previous version. I did lose the remote features as described by someone else, but I had them for free for nearly two years, so I don't mind losing them. The climate control settings and charging info is working just fine. I have not tried the delayed charging as my utility does not offer TOU pricing. When the car is charging there is a "glow" around the battery icon.
2017 e-Golf LE, Multi Coat White with Black Vegan Leather interior, purchased in early 2018
2015 e-Golf SEL leased for three years, returned in early 2018

Return to “Car-Net”