Cruise Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s4alex

So, add cruise control to my crap list of things I don't like about this car.

But, even with my list, I still love this car and am completely happy that I have it.

I like to use cruise control when I drive a long stretch of freeway. I am used to just about every other car I have driven with CC that when you set it and click the + or -, it would go up/down ~1mph per press. Easy to modulate.

But,in VW genius, they like to go up and down 5mph increments. Doesn't matter if I start at 64 and want to go to I don't know, 66. I click will get me to 65 another to 70.

My issues:

1. No HomeLink
2. MIB NAV is SLOW
3. Cruise Control
4. Full power seats / seat memory
5. No USB.
6. NAV IS SLOW
7. Charge port location.

Some of that list is minor and others will be rectified on the newer models.

But, again. I still love the car. 2000 miles and going strong.

Hello -

I believe that the "set" and "resume" buttons will do what you want. Briefly pressing "set" will reduce set speed by 1 mph, while "resume" will increase speed by 1 mph.

Hopefully that will work for you and you can remove one item from your "issues" list. :)

dublectric said:
Hello -

I believe that the "set" and "resume" buttons will do what you want. Briefly pressing "set" will reduce set speed by 1 mph, while "resume" will increase speed by 1 mph.

Hopefully that will work for you and you can remove one item from your "issues" list. :)

I thought I tried that. I will try again the next time I get in the car. Which should be soon since its time to go charge with the dogs.

dublectric said:
Hello -

Darn, I'd just typed up basically the same thing. :lol:

The +/- 5mph control is my first experience with such a feature, a very nice surprise when I accidentally discovered it (I'd assumed it was a volume control.)

I drive the car by CC and varying the recuperation mode. Pedals are for suckers.

IIRC, if you press and hold the + or - button, it will increase or decrease the speed in increments of 1 mph. But because you are holding it, it continues to increase or decrease as long as you hold the button.

I agree that this is opposite to all other cars I've had with cruise control and counter intuitive (to me at least).

nesan said:
IIRC, if you press and hold the + or - button, it will increase or decrease the speed in increments of 1 mph. But because you are holding it, it continues to increase or decrease as long as you hold the button.

I agree that this is opposite to all other cars I've had with cruise control and counter intuitive (to me at least).

No, + / - is a +/- 5mph

Set and CST is +/- 1mph

Now that I have that straightened out, CC is actually a nice feature. Going to move it to the plus column.

s4alex said:
nesan said:

No, + / - is a +/- 5mph
Set and CST is +/- 1mph

Now that I have that straightened out, CC is actually a nice feature. Going to move it to the plus column.
Holding + or - down changed the set speed in 1 mph steps when I checked -- thanks nesan. ;)

You can also change set speed with the +/- control while the cruise is not actively engaged, even right after starting while still in park, which allows setting speed to some 5 mph multiple (shown in the lower l/h corner of the center LCD -- 15 mph minimum,) and pressing resume to engage. Alas, holding down the + or - button for 1 mph adjustments does not work while cruise is disengaged.

Back