Drivers Assistance Package Available in US now!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preilly44

Hello all, the Drivers Assistance Package is now available on the E-Golf in the US for $395. Here is what VW's site says (US site):

$395 MSRP
Driver Assistance

This package offers driver confidence in the form of features like Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist) and Parking Steering Assistant (Park Assist) to help put you more comfortably and confidently in the driver’s seat.

I was really hoping for adaptive cruise control. Maybe they just didn't list it? I thought cars that had the forward collision warning/auto braking usually had adaptive cruise control too. Either way, it is a step in the right direction for safety.

Does anybody who already has the Drivers Assistance Package know if it has adaptive CC?

preilly44 said:
Hello all, the Drivers Assistance Package is now available on the E-Golf in the US for $395. Here is what VW's site says (US site):

$395 MSRP
Driver Assistance

This package offers driver confidence in the form of features like Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist) and Parking Steering Assistant (Park Assist) to help put you more comfortably and confidently in the driver’s seat.

I was really hoping for adaptive cruise control. Maybe they just didn't list it? I thought cars that had the forward collision warning/auto braking usually had adaptive cruise control too. Either way, it is a step in the right direction for safety.

Does anybody who already has the Drivers Assistance Package know if it has adaptive CC?

You might need to step up to an Audi to get those levels of performance features. As it is already, I somewhat feel that drivers receive too much assistance, with backup cameras, proximity sensors, etc. All those features being built in jack up the price of the car. What they don't do is make you a better driver, that remains 100% aware of their surroundings at all times.

Back