18" Tire Recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have experience purchasing 18" tires for their e-golf. I recently purchased new "take off" GTI Austin wheels for my e-golf LE because I couldn't stand the 16" steel wheels with plastic hubcaps. There's a lot of mixed information on LRR tires and the impact on battery range. Plus there are multiple designations of efficient tires for different manufacturers. I'm looking for a good all season tire to go with the 18" wheels since I live in the northwest. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated. I'm ok with a minimal impact on range for a safe, good performing tire.
2015 Silver Limited Edition
Portland, Oregon

Just taking a quick look at Tire Rack for 225-40/18, I would probably choose Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season for your situation. LRR rated, 500 treadwear, all season. Kinda ticks all the boxes but doesn't really stand out as an outstanding tire.

interested on how this turns out. can't stand the stock wheels but i'm afraid of the hit I would take with the bigger wheel/tire combo.

Thanks miimura, this is the best option I've found as well after searching tire rack and discount tires. I was hoping someone would have gone through this already with a recommendation. Next step is to call a few tire stores to see if they have any other recommendations. I'll update in the next week or two after I make the change.

On a side note, cold weather in the northwest has already reduced my range much more significantly than I expected (15%-20%) so it will be interesting to see if this reduces is it even further.

Back