2016 E-Golf SEL Premium Lease Transfer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I’m looking for someone to take over the lease of my 2016 night blue SEL premium with dark gray interior. The lease is for 15,000 miles per year for a total of 45,000 miles. The base payment is $265.99 and with my local sales tax (9.5%), the total monthly payment is $291.26. The mileage is currently 9,200. This gives you about 1,279 per month. There are 27 payments left. I just made the July 10th payment. Your final payment would be due on October 10, 2018. The lease is through November 10, 2018.

I think this a great deal, considering the high mileage allowed in the lease for the cost, no down payment required, the uncertainty of the CA rebate, not waiting for the HOV stickers, the many standard features in the SEL over the base SE, how I already paid the July payment, and the extra Suntek CXP tint I added all around the car for $400.

The car is located in the SF Bay Area. I live in Fremont and work in Sunnyvale, if anyone wants to see the car and go through the takeover process.

The lease transfer fee is $350 and the credit application fee is $100 through VW Credit. I’m only asking for this $450 from the transferee, as I paid $2,500 total out of pocket upon signing the lease in November. I have to return the $2,500 CA rebate back to the CVRB, as I won’t be in possession of the car for at least 30 months.

Let me know if you’re interested. It's also on Craigslist at sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5672482087.html

Thanks.

Re the CVRP rebate, you don't have to give back the entire $2500, only a pro-rated portion. So if you still have 21 months left until the 30th month, it's 21/30 x $2500, or $1750 that you have to refund.

It's too bad the state doesn't let you share the $ with the person taking over the lease. With the rebate currently in limbo, it makes it more difficult to decide between a lease takeover and a fresh one.

Update: I've started the lease transfer process with someone locally. Once VW credit approves his credit and sends out the transfer contract, the process will be complete and my car will be gone in about two weeks.

Yeah, I realized that about the CVRP. I'd have to give $1,750 back. But, I've called and left messages several times. There are only two people working there on cases like mine, so no one has gotten back to me or confirmed the process of returning the rebate money. I've already applied for two rebates, so I wouldn't be able to get the rebate again, assuming the funds are available again. I wonder if CVRP will let me apply for a different EV in the future and just give me $1,750, instead of the full $2,500.

I'll have to wait and see.

The transfer is complete. My e-Golf will be gone on Tuesday! I'll miss it though. The person taking over really likes it, and I know he'll enjoy the car until November 2018.

Back