2016 SE 0 down $234/ mo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judah8750

2016 SE 0 down $234/mo including title and taxes. 12,000 miles a year. I talked them into giving me the wear and tear coverage for $500 which I paid for with my TDI goodwill card. Seemed like a good deal.

Feeling slightly tethered with the 3.6kw charger, but it's just our around town car. Installed the JuiceBox 40 (overkill but I'm getting a Model 3 early 2019??) and it's running off solar.

$1000 CA tax deduction for installing the charger. http://www.afdc.energy.gov/laws/10513

$2500 Federal rebate. Signed up, hopefully paid someday??

All in all I'm pretty happy with everything. It will be great to have longer range someday though!

I'm in the bay area and I got my SEL in January for almost exact same price. $0 down, 35 payments of $236 which includes the sales tax. I also got the $2500 a few months later. Mine was also 12k miles per year. At the time I believe the SE's were even cheaper, but I couldn't deal with that slow of a level 2 charger.

mhathawa said:
I'm in the bay area and I got my SEL in January for almost exact same price. $0 down, 35 payments of $236 which includes the sales tax. I also got the $2500 a few months later. Mine was also 12k miles per year. At the time I believe the SE's were even cheaper, but I couldn't deal with that slow of a level 2 charger.

Ouch. Felt like I really worked em. Maybe not so much. Excruciating process.

mhathawa said:

I think that is an unusually good deal. Which dealer did you use?

You didn't specify the drive-off cost. But factoring in the extra miles and DC fast charger you're on par with mine, but with rebate you'll be paying about 1/3rd less. So overall I think you did extremely well.

judah8750 said:
$2500 Federal rebate. Signed up, hopefully paid someday??

The $2500 is also California. I talked to their rep yesterday and she said while it is indeed funded it will still be a while longer until checks come. But sit tight and you should get it eventually.

Good to hear. Well drive off cost was zero apart from the $500 for the wear and tear policy. It would be amazing to get a check in the mail for $2500. It would feel like getting paid to drive a car lol.

Back