$79 lease

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They ended up not charging me for the first aid kit and the lighting kit was the LED package and it's was a little over 1K add-on to the SE (two separate dealerships).

We opted not to get the LED lightning package. We don't plan on driving at night in it other than a handful of miles to the grocery store or bar or something like that.

bizzle said:
They ended up not charging me for the first aid kit and the lighting kit was the LED package and it's was a little over 1K add-on to the SE (two separate dealerships).

We opted not to get the LED lightning package. We don't plan on driving at night in it other than a handful of miles to the grocery store or bar or something like that.

Those were LED headlights in the lighting package?

e-golfnight_zps6rtysbyr.jpg

I didn't see them personally.

One person told me she thought it was the headlights aimed with turns and another told me he thought it was LEDs.

I haven't been able to find the lighting package listed anywhere online. But the car I turned down definitely had an added lighting package for an extra $1500 dollars or so.

I went for a $79 lease but asked to roll as much of the up front into the payments as possible.

Here are the detailed numbers:
Capitalized Cost: 25965.82 (includes destination charge)
Capitalized Cost Reduction: 9335.72
Adjusted Capitalized Cost: 16630.10
Residual Value: 12238.50
Depreciation & amortized amounts: 4391.60
Rent charge: 426.28
Total Base Payments: 4817.88

Lease payments:
Base: 133.83
Sales/use tax (San Mateo County): 12.04
Total Payment: 145.87

Drive-off was $1200 (I was eligible for the loyalty bonus)

This deal expired yesterday (10/31), but I suspect that as long as gas prices stay low, they'll be making deals again.

I picked a 2016 SE in Urano gray(I wanted this color) - no add on other than the first aid kit.

This was my breakdown -

+ $3520 down payment (including my 10% county tax) - all inclusive including 1st payment
+ $55 per month x 35 payments (including taxes)

I will get my $2500 CA rebate.

So, all in all I will be paying - $2945 from my pocket for driving it for 3 yrs.

I got 7500 miles but getting 10K miles per year was only 8 dollars extra per month. I didn't need 10K miles so passed on it.

I got my car from Serramonte dealership in Bay area and after calling and sending emails to pretty much every dealership, they seemed to be the easiest to deal along with best price.

So far loving my car.

Anandp said:
I picked a 2016 SE in Urano gray(I wanted this color) - no add on other than the first aid kit.

This was my breakdown -

+ $3520 down payment (including my 10% county tax) - all inclusive including 1st payment
+ $55 per month x 35 payments (including taxes)

I will get my $2500 CA rebate.

So, all in all I will be paying - $2945 from my pocket for driving it for 3 yrs.

I got 7500 miles but getting 10K miles per year was only 8 dollars extra per month. I didn't need 10K miles so passed on it.

I got my car from Serramonte dealership in Bay area and after calling and sending emails to pretty much every dealership, they seemed to be the easiest to deal along with best price.

So far loving my car.

Congratulations! I assume you were eligible for the $2000 VW existing-owner discount?

I'm the original poster and I'm glad to see so many people getting excellent deals, some even better than mine.

I did receive my $2,500 check from the State of CA last week and promptly deposited it. So my original out of pocket of $3,200 was reduced, in fact, by that $2,500 and I'm pretty happy about it.

The car has been great. I sort of wish I had more miles -- 10K per year. The 7,500 miles force me to use the old gas guzzler a little more often. I figure 5 days per week of EV and 2 of gas guzzling will keep me around 7,500 per year.

Anyway, great deals and congratulations to everyone who is taking advantage.

bingtamers said:
I'm the original poster and I'm glad to see so many people getting excellent deals, some even better than mine.

I did receive my $2,500 check from the State of CA last week and promptly deposited it. So my original out of pocket of $3,200 was reduced, in fact, by that $2,500 and I'm pretty happy about it.

The car has been great. I sort of wish I had more miles -- 10K per year. The 7,500 miles force me to use the old gas guzzler a little more often. I figure 5 days per week of EV and 2 of gas guzzling will keep me around 7,500 per year.

I thank you for starting this thread, it made me aware of an opportunity I never would have given a second thought to... then when VW added in Owner Loyalty, they made me an offer I couldn't say no to on a year end 2015 SEL. 6 weeks and 1200 miles later, I have to pinch myself. The e-golf has opened my eyes to having a dedicated around town electric vehicle to cover 95% of my daily drives... the TDI reserved for anything with big vertical or over 40 miles each way. I don't own it to make a political statement, I own it for when I drive in the city I live in, shopping, rush hour traffic, all the short trips that make up 85 to 90% of the trips I make, per trip, not based on mileage. I still need a TDI, it serves a valuable purpose in my lifestyle.

bingtamers said:

Hi. Do you know if SFO/SJC/OAK charges an EV vehicle for parking? Sorry if it's out of the context of this thread. I'm just curious since you live in the SFO side of the Bay Area. I'm in the East Bay.

Thanks.

Back