Anybody have Konis on their e-golf?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monza

Hi folks. Got my 2019 e-golf fitted with some Audi A6 rims 8x18 and Michelin pilot sport 4S tires. Slot car best describes, but it's a bit tall. Anybody have much experience with Koni shocks (the yellow sports model). I gather it's the 50mm body, 8741-1571 fronts and 8240-1296 rear. The car is about 1/8" higher than stock now with the 225-40VR18s, would like to be between 3/4" or an inch lower than that. Sure could use some group data here. Thanks Monza

Huh? Shocks won't lower the car, you'd need springs to do that. H&R and Eibach make the only eGolf specific springs I know of, both lower about 1". You could add the Koni's in with lowering springs to increase the dampening rate but it's not required.

Yes I realize that shocks do not lower the car but if I were going to the trouble of pulling the struts I would upgrade the struts to something adjustable and higher performance.

I think the only other choice for a performance strut is the Bilstien B6 or B8. I'd ask which ever spring manufacturer you go with which they would recommend.

Back