Feeler - 2019 eGolf SEL Performance Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putting a feeler out there for selling my 2019 eGolf SEL as is with performance modifications and all stock parts. This was the subject of my performance build thread here.

It currently has 24,854 miles and is in excellent conditon. It's primarily been L2 charged to 85% at home, a few rare 50KW fast charges and the battery is healthy, I'll get a SOH reading next time I'm with the car.. The modifications reduced range by <10% and I can still get the same range now that I did when new. The guess-o-meter will display oup to 125 miles on a full charge in mild weather, but the reality is more like 115-120 miles.

Modifications Include:
- eGolf Specific Bilstein Sport Shocks, struts and springs. Lowers the car maybe 1.5 inches with matched dampers and little compromise on ride.
- 17x8 Advanti DST Storm S1 Wheels, with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. I looked for the lightest 17" wheels I could find to minimize range loss and love the Michelins, truly the best road tire you can get.
- Revosport Razor 7E eGolf Specific aero kit. This is the kit that was developed for the eTrophy race cars that VW raced alongside Formula E. I never mounted the rear wing and am not sure I still have it, but will include it if I can find it. The front splitter was pretty low, got damaged and I removed it. So it currently has the front canards, side skirts and rear diffuser.
- GTD grey tartan seats.
- Stock wheels with Bridgestone Blizzaks for winter

Issues:
- I have a scrach on one of the doors that I'm having fixed currently
- The seats were from a MK7, I had an upholstery shop try to make them work with the MK7.5 harness, which they attempted to do by rebuilding the GTD seats on the eGolf bases, but it didn't fully work. They plug in to the harness and the seat heaters work, but there is an airbag warning and the passenger side occupancy sensor is always on since the foam pushed down on it. I drive with the passenger seat belt buckled to avoid a seatbelt chime which is a slight annoyance. I believe the airbag light is since the GTD backs use a different bolster air bag and the eGolf and the module doesn't recognize it. I'd imagine this could be fixed by swapping in the right module or reprogramming it, but I haven't had time to bother with it.

This car as it's set up now is an absolute blast. With a low center of gravity and 50:50 weight distribution the eGolf already has potential to be the best handling golf ever and with the bilsteins and sticky tires, you get ot realize it's potential. It's basically the electric GTI that they haven't built yet. I bought the car new at the end of 2019, but in 2021 was lucky enough to get a Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo. I haven't been able to bring myself to sell the eGolf up to now since I love it so much. If I'm being honest, it's probably better and more fun for my daily use than the Porsche! That said, I'm just now using it enought to justify keeping it so it's time to let it go.

I have all the stock parts (although the seats are in pieces) and will include whatever you want in the sale.

If I put it all back to stock, it looks like the market is currently around $18,500 and I should be able to part out the upgrade parts for around $3,500. Asking $21k with the modifications and stock parts and will entertain all reasonable offers.

DM me if interested.

Attachments

• IMG_3581.jpg
    IMG_3581.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • bfe5229d8961153c134bce294890c59d.jpg
    bfe5229d8961153c134bce294890c59d.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • dfa50e3ba39ad95510c8fbfadda15c15.jpg
    dfa50e3ba39ad95510c8fbfadda15c15.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3532.jpeg