CA - Green Driver State Incentives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svento

After reading a post in another thread about free parking for electric vehicles, so did a quick search for other areas and found this:

http://www.dmv.org/ca-california/green-driver-state-incentives.php (Note: this is not a state web site)

I suspect most of us in CA know about the HOV lane benefits, but I personally had no idea about San Jose free parking. It's a great deal for people who pay to park in San Jose a lot... but I am not sure it would be worth the $30 application fee for me (especially since it is possible the city will allow it to expire in mid 2015).

http://sjdowntownparking.com/parking-programs-services/clean-air-program

It's also interesting you can get $1000 - $1500 for retiring a vehicle that didn't pass it's smog test. Reminds me of cash for clunkers.

We are fortunate to live in Hermosa Beach that already has many EV benefits: free charging stations at city Hall, quite a few pay-for locations, as well as general free parking.
But now we have two free charging station at our local Vons shopping center. They've been installed by Volta, the link below is an article about them, lets hope they take keep installing at new locations!

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Startup-s-new-idea-Free-EV-charging-for-the-6317331.php

I finally got my e-Golf and so far it's been awesome. Too bad the limits on the San Jose program don't include if you WORK in San Jose, I can only think of one dealer in SJC and they didn't have the best prices. Files the $2,500 rebate with CA today and still waiting for the plates so I can apply for the HOV sticker.

EVchemist said:
I finally got my e-Golf and so far it's been awesome. Too bad the limits on the San Jose program don't include if you WORK in San Jose, I can only think of one dealer in SJC and they didn't have the best prices. Files the $2,500 rebate with CA today and still waiting for the plates so I can apply for the HOV sticker.

You have to wait for plate? Capitol had them ready when I got the car.

DasCC said:
EVchemist said:

The dealer can order the HOV stickers as soon as they have the VIN of incoming vehicles. Sunnyvale had pre-ordered mine and I got them in the mail just before I got the plates. Not all dealers do this and not all salespeople know that their own dealership does it.

miimura said:
DasCC said:
EVchemist said:
I finally got my e-Golf and so far it's been awesome. Too bad the limits on the San Jose Free Parking program don't include if you WORK in San Jose, I can only think of one dealer in SJC and they didn't have the best prices. Files the $2,500 rebate with CA today and still waiting for the plates so I can apply for the HOV sticker.

The dealer can order the HOV stickers as soon as they have the VIN of incoming vehicles. Sunnyvale had pre-ordered mine and I got them in the mail just before I got the plates. Not all dealers do this and not all salespeople know that their own dealership does it.

They claimed that because of the new model year they hadn't ordered stickers yet. And all of the 2016 cars I looked at/test drove had HOV stickers on them. Maybe there was a change, but I think they were just lazy; I got a great deal so I'm not complaining too much.

Back