e-Golf SEL Lease Advertised at $217/mo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miimura

I just saw an advertisement on Sunnyvale VW's web site.

VW e-Golf SEL Premium $217/mo +tax for 36 months
$2,327 down after $7,500 rebate plus tax and license.
10,000 miles per year, $0.20/mile over 30,000 at lease end.

Their inventory currently shows 10 LE and 37 SEL in stock.

The $159/mo lease on the LE is also still being advertised with $2,449 down.

This new deal on the SEL means that the dealer selling price discount from MSRP is now approximately equal between the LE and SEL. When I leased the LE from them last month, they were unwilling to get anywhere near the same discount. I totally would have gone for the SEL at this price.

Thanks for sharing.
Does anybody knows when the model 2016 is coming ? should be soon ...and it is rumors to have nicer entertainments like a way to mirror your smartphone on the screen. And they may go even lower as I noticed there are quite many on lots, and they are not moving much so far. It is sure that the $85 and $99 deals on the 500e and Spark ev must put pressure on others...
What is the main advantage of the SEL vs the limited, in your opinion, when you are in sunny California ?
Thanks
Vincent

That's a heck of a deal for the SEL, probably the most aggressive advertised price I've seen for it to date.

10k miles a year makes it hard to justify. That is less than 28 miles per day. Unless you just buy it at the end, you have to be pretty abstemious.

NeilBlanchard said:
10k miles a year makes it hard to justify. That is less than 28 miles per day. Unless you just buy it at the end, you have to be pretty abstemious.
...or have a short commute. My wife and I each drive less than 7 miles from home to work. Even shuttling my daughter to some after school activities, a normal day for her in the e-Golf is 25 miles. On the weekends, we usually drive our other car, which has longer range and was a purchase, not a lease. I've had the RAV4 EV for just over 24 months and I just reached 21,000 miles. So, 10,000 miles per year definitely works for some people. Also, I've heard that 12,000 and 15,000 per year is available and it's not that much more money. The finance guy also told us that VW Credit usually calls or sends people letters with the option to buy miles at less than the $0.20/mile due at the end. I seem to recall him mentioning $0.12/mile.

It looks like SEL is advertised nation wide at $299 with something like $2400 down, minus $3000 state rebate (CA, CT as far as I know) which makes it 217 with $2400 down or more realistically $283 with $0 down. Plenty of offers. Seems like it will be even more aggressive as it gets close to release of 2016 model.

I've been offered three local lease offers here in CT from VW dealers, the best one being the furthest away from me (of course!).

$1800 down, which covers the $666 in taxes on both federal and CT rebates, the acquisition fee, first month pmt, and dealer and lic fees.

LE is $187/month plus tax and the SEL is $221 plus tax (both $1800 down).

Those seem fair and torn b/w the LE and SEL.

If it gets cold in your area, you might want to go with the SEL. Has the more efficient heat pump.

Doesn't get that cold where i'm at but I got the SEL. Personally, I was OK with LE but my wife wanted to go with the easier to clean leatherette since we have 2 kids.

I think it SEL also has cruise control but that wasn't really a big deal for me. LE pretty much has everything.

Do you think the heat pump is a big deal? It's about $40 more a month; I like the leatherette much better too, especially with little kids, but it's hard to justify another thousand plus over h course of the lease.

Overall lease deal looks ok I guess. The net of the CT tax credit, since it's taxed, is $2800.

If your daily commute distance and work charging situation make it so that you're cutting it close on range, there will probably be days when you wish you had the heat pump. Otherwise, I would say not a big deal at all.

sweetwagon said:
If your daily commute distance and work charging situation make it so that you're cutting it close on range, there will probably be days when you wish you had the heat pump. Otherwise, I would say not a big deal at all.

Ok great. I have a one-way 2.5 mi commute in the winter ;) So sounds good. I am so glad I found the e-Golf. I hadn't realized it was available around me - and I was set to sign papers on a Leaf for $183/mo plus $850 drove offs. So for $1000 more I'm getting a significantly better (IMHO) car.

In terms of my lease deal, I'm beating myself up a little when I see these offers from CA, but I shopped all three dealers - and walked away - and then followed up afterward, and there are only 4 e-Golfs, 3 LE's and one SEL in the whole region. I have to buy in CT to get the $3k incentive.

The offers were:

$1460 down, $242/month w tax
$1800 down, $212/month w tax
$1800 down, $200/month w tax

Obviously I took the cheapest offer. It looks like that brought the actual selling price down to $28750.

The second dealer I spoke to said no one had even test-driven the car yet. So seems like little interest but that the dealers are trying to leverage the very limited inventory.

Back