FINAL SOFTWARE UPDATE for 2015 E-Golf?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyBoy

2015 eGolf SEL
What is the last/most recent/ final update for the 2015 e-Golf?

Here (attached) is what my system information screen shows for mine. Is it up to date? O is there a later release?

Also, if there is a later release, how did you get your hands on it?

Thank you for any help you give.
-Tom

Attachments

• IMG_6221.jpeg
    IMG_6221.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6220.jpeg
    IMG_6220.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Are you talking about a software update to the radio or for the maps? There does exist newer map versions than that.

Hey guys, I have the same question for any software/maps update for a 2016 eGolf?

Thanks in advance
My car does not have built in nav so I can’t comment on that feature. I have asked VW many times for a software update so the car correctly follows the J1772 protocol and have been told “no”.

My car does not have built in nav so I can’t comment on that feature. I have asked VW many times for a software update so the car correctly follows the J1772 protocol and have been told “no”.
Apologies if this has been covered before, but what does the eGolf do incorrectly with respect to the J1772 protocol?

Apologies if this has been covered before, but what does the eGolf do incorrectly with respect to the J1772 protocol?
When the car is charging and you depress the J1772 charge lock button/lever, the micro switch in the button/lever mechanism sends a signal to the car to interrupt charging. The VW e-Golf ignore this signal, violating the J1772 protocol, and this violation has led to arcing at the charge inlet when the inlet lock is unable to keep a J1772 connector with a broken lever attached to the car.

Back