Good Body shop for e-Golf in bay area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronnie10

Got my new e-golf banged up on the 101. Any of the veterans have any suggestions on good body shops?

Thanks!

ronnie10 said:
Got my new e-golf banged up on the 101. Any of the veterans have any suggestions on good body shops?

Thanks!

If you leased it and don't own it, take it to where you bought it, and get it in writing a body shop they recommend. That way, when you turn it back in on lease, the work is up to standard recommended by the dealership.

Our leased e-Golf was rear-ended. Twice. Unbelievable bad luck after 15+ years of no collision claims.
Service King did good work but they were not very fast. The parts are readily available, which is more than I can say for our RAV4 EV.

miimura said:
Our leased e-Golf was rear-ended. Twice. Unbelievable bad luck

I've had some "close calls" when using regenerative braking while approaching a red light. Given that I've only had the car for a year, it seems too high to be random and assume I slowed at a rate the person behind me wasn't anticipating.

Then again, I've been rear-ended twice in my SUV, in both cases the driver behind me simply wasn't paying attention. So there's that too.

Both times we were rear-ended our car had not been moving for more than 30 seconds. Once, stopped in a long line of cars at a red light and the other time waiting to pull into a parking spot in a shopping center. In the shopping center parking lot the other car was backing up from the opposite side of the aisle and simply wasn't looking as they backed into the back of our car. Luckily, that person had insurance.

All other things being equal, I would head over to Belvedere St. in San Rafael, I used to work over there and there were 2-3 shops that had a steady flow of Ferraris, Teslas, Maseratis, AMGs, etc. Seriously, it was like some weird supercar vortex. Anthony's Auto Craft always has 3-4 Ferraris parked out front, you can even see it from Google satellite view.

Thanks for the suggestions people. I eventually ended up giving it to a body shop in newark who i'd worked with previously and turned out to be on the volkswagon list of body shops as well. This stuff is expensive!

ronnie10 said:
Thanks for the suggestions people. I eventually ended up giving it to a body shop in newark who i'd worked with previously and turned out to be on the volkswagon list of body shops as well. This stuff is expensive!
Wow Newark, I was thinking SF area. That's a bit of distance.

Back