LED headlight conversion on 2016 SE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farallon5

We just leased our 2016 SE and of course it has the halogens and so I'm starting to think about changing them to LED's and I was wondering if anyone out there has done it and might have some advice for those of us still in the "thinking about it" phase?

You may want to head over to VWVortex for that answer, in the regular Golf forums. Yes it's been done, both with factory and factory-similar aftermarket lights.

Don't forget that if you make this modification, you're going to have to change it back before returning your lease.

Frank3 said:
Don't forget that if you make this modification, you're going to have to change it back before returning your lease.
As far as I know, Lease inspectors don't look for small changes like this. They look for things that are mismatched or obviously out of spec (such as lowering)

forbin404 said:
Frank3 said:
As far as I know, Lease inspectors don't look for small changes like this. They look for things that are mismatched or obviously out of spec (such as lowering)
As far as I know, you don't own it, you are leasing it.

Just like when you lease any property, you are not allowed to do improvements to it unless the scope of improvements or changes are written down in writing, and agreed to by both parties, signed in writing by lessor and lessee.

I am certain VW doesn't want you screwing up the lighting.

A couple of 300 level university business law classes should become common knowledge to more around here that lease their cars.

Back