Ontario, Canada - Ways to apply $14k MTO rebate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zeuser said:
Again, Liberals won't kill it in an election year. It's after June 2018, if the conservatives get elected, that you have to worry about it.

SH*T. I put deposit and expect delivery in June/July!!! :shock:

ichwoo said:
Zeuser said:
Again, Liberals won't kill it in an election year. It's after June 2018, if the conservatives get elected, that you have to worry about it.

SH*T. I put deposit and expect delivery in June/July!!! :shock:

should honour all submitted claims and as of a specific date refuse to entertain any new ones - I would think

Kosta said:
should honour all submitted claims and as of a specific date refuse to entertain any new ones - I would think

I can't submit until I get the car in June or July. That's the problem.

I'm still eager to see what happens Jan 1st...

If the rebate falls from $14k, to < $10k... That can be turning point for me and have to cancel both of my orders... :(

MTO typically previews changes confidentially just before Christmas, which then take effect sometime in February. They usually offer some sort of protection for those with an order date of <whatever>. Look up what they did the last couple years to see the dates. I think they may have been right up until the official announcement but I don't remember.

nerk said:
I'm still eager to see what happens Jan 1st...

If the rebate falls from $14k, to < $10k... That can be turning point for me and have to cancel both of my orders... :(

The rebate won't fall in an election year. Stop worrying about that... WON'T HAPPEN!

What you need to worry about is after the June election.

I think the reality is that 2018 will be safe. If the conservatives do kill the program, it'll probably be just for 2019 models.

You can expect a huge rush to get EVs in 2018 if the conservatives do announce they plan to cancel the program. People will be lining up to get one so they can get the free government cash.

Back