Safety Recall Code : 93B4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forbin404

To all of you 2015-2016 owners.

I was looking at my dealers screen (While they TRY to figure out my weird radio) and a new recall popped up with 3/8 date

Safety Recall Code : 93B4
High Voltage Battery Management System Software

Certain 2015-23016 MY Volkswagen e-Golf

(All I could take a picture of was this)
Under certain conditions oversensitive diagnostics in the high-voltage battery management...

However the rest say something like , your software can think there is a fault and shut the car down while driving!

To all, if you have a spare moment, take your car in and get the software updated.

I'm getting this done today. I posted a link with the full recall letter on the general forum. I bet this explains the unexpected shut downs in other forum posts.

It looks like this update eliminates charger lock.

I started to notice that after update charger is no longer locked after car is fully charged. It keep it locked during the process though.

I just got the recall service done in San Jose, I'll be very curious to see if the charger locks only while charging. The dealer also did the tech tip service to fix the heater resetting itself to 72°F when car has been off for 20 minutes or more.

After getting the recall performed on my 2015 SEL, I saw no difference in vehicle inlet locking behavior. I know of other e-Golf drivers who had the recall software update and saw no change in charge inlet locking behavior. Please let us know if you see a change.

Thanks!

I have 2016 SE, I did my recall at South Coast VW last week.
After they update according to the recall, I notice some changes on my car.
1. The pick up is now a bit slower, it slugish and doesn't have the immediate torque
2. the driving in B mode is smoother, when you release the gas pedal it did not brake as harsh as before, seem they reduce the brake effect, when driving in B mode feels like in D2 or D3 before the update.
I also need to press the Brake pedal more often.
3. similarly D1 and D2 I fell have less braking - so I drive more in B mode, when stop n go in city driving ( I used to drve in D1)

any other driver have the same experience or no one notice the difference?

djohan1 said:
1. The pick up is now a bit slower, it slugish and doesn't have the immediate torque
2. the driving in B mode is smoother, when you release the gas pedal it did not brake as harsh as before, seem they reduce the brake effect, when driving in B mode feels like in D2 or D3 before the update.
3. similarly D1 and D2 I fell have less braking - so I drive more in B mode, when stop n go in city driving ( I used to drve in D1)

Try driving in "D" mode, and downshift into "B" mode early enough that you don't need to step on the brakes. Pull back a second time on the stick to put it back in "D" mode again when you come to a point you need to give it some acceleration again.

I am very sensitive to changes in performance, I've noticed none in regenerative braking since having my update done.

djohan1 said:

2016 SEL, 93B4 recall applied a few weeks ago. I drive almost in B mode most of the time and have not noticed a difference. I'm using the accelerator to control the amount of braking and it took me a while to get it right when I got the car. If it had changed suddenly, I think I would have noticed.

djohan1 said:

Any chance you noticed this braking difference with a full or nearly full battery? According to the manual regenerative braking is reduced at near full battery condition (not good to try to push a lot of juice back into a mostly charged battery) so that might be the difference. I have not noticed any difference in braking after the update and dont often get on it while accelerating so Im not sure I would be able to tell.

djohan1 said:

I just had mine done at South Coast today. There is noticeably less torque than the car had before dropping it off, I'm rather disappointed.

F16HTON said:
djohan1 said:

I just had mine done at South Coast today. There is noticeably less torque than the car had before dropping it off, I'm rather disappointed.

Anyone else do the recall and notice torque issues? I'm thinking of taking mine (2015 SEL).

Back