Stains and SE Cloth Interior and Seat Cover Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are happy with our SE except the cloth interior. We have had our car for just over a month. Within two weeks of taking delivery we noted stains on the grey panels of the stock cloth interior. My daughters friends drank water and ate chips and we noted stains appeared. We had a professional detailer clean the interior and the spots re-appeared within three to four days.

The detailer re-cleaned the spots with a different product and the spots appeared to be gone.

Looking for options for front and rear seat covers.

We would also appreciate re-commendations for cleaning products.

Thanks!
StoiceGolf
Alameda,CA

Eat at a table, not in your car. Next time, buy the more durable leatherette interior, not cloth, especially with children.

JoulesThief said:
Eat at a table, not in your car. Next time, buy the more durable leatherette interior, not cloth, especially with children.

Dude, quit being such a dick!! In general you add some great value to this forum, but then you post stuff like this! Wtf.

I've had good luck with just ordinary Scotchguard that you can buy at the store. Of course make sure the fabric is clean and dry first before applying.

StoiceGolf - Did you have any luck finding a solution? I am in the same situation with 3 carseats/kids in the back. Currently, I have a towel under their car seats. There are a lot of options for the front seats but I haven't found anything for the back.

We got the "Rumbi Baby Bench Seat Protector For Up To 3 Seatbelts With Removable Zipper"
For the back seat. It fits pretty well and I like that the middle zips open so the arm rest can fold down. The only downside is that my 7 year old sometimes has trouble buckling his seatbelt when the Velcro openings get out of place. We've had it for 3 months. Seems to be doing the job.

rwill said:
JoulesThief said:

Dude, quit being such a dick!! In general you add some great value to this forum, but then you post stuff like this! Wtf.

Some of his postings are quite knowledgeable but he truly comes across as a dick. I truly hope he is better in person.

Back