Warning Light without a text Explanation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEConnor

Driving on the freeway yesterday the exclamation point in triangle warning light came on in the main console. However, nothing appeared above it to explain the reason for the light. I kept watching and drove ~ 10 miles to my destination. Turned the car off, back on again a minute or so later, no warning light. Had ~ 40 miles on the range left. I Charged it successfully and drove another 30 miles over two days. No additional warning lights.

Anyone had a similar experience? I'm watching it closely and I'll take it in if this happens again, but there are no apparent issues with any systems as far as I can tell. I really wish the vehicle health report would move past the tire pressure screen (stays on that no matter what I do and pressure is just fine..checked)...would be nice to be able to get vehicle info through that, but alas...

Cheers,
Tim

The owner's manual has a listing of each icon and what it's for. I made a copy of the page and keep it in the car to familiarize myself with the icons when they all show on startup

Ron

cove3 said:
The owner's manual has a listing of each icon and what it's for. I made a copy of the page and keep it in the car to familiarize myself with the icons when they all show on startup

Ron

You are correct, and I failed to mention that I checked the manual when I stopped. That is why I'm asking on here if anyone else has had this experience, because, according to the manual, when the 'exclamation point in a triangle' warning light comes on the center console it will be accompanied by and explanation. Mine was not, even though the manual said that it would be. Hence my question.

Cheers,
Tim

I had pretty much the same thing happen this morning, freaked me out - i turned off the car and then restarted it, yellow triangle with exclamation light went off and has not come back on. I ran a vehicle health report and it all shows green so I don't know what that was about but will keep an eye on it.

Jlo said:
I had pretty much the same thing happen this morning, freaked me out - i turned off the car and then restarted it, yellow triangle with exclamation light went off and has not come back on. I ran a vehicle health report and it all shows green so I don't know what that was about but will keep an eye on it.

Since my experience a few weeks ago, I have had no recurrences, thankfully. I also did a vehicle health report which showed no problems. I'm hoping not to jinx things, but I believe this to have been an anomaly.

Cheers,
Tim

Back