What is your software / hardware versions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phr00t

Just making sure we are all running the latest software, my "System Information" (gathered by going to Menu -> Settings (gear icon) -> "System Information" at the bottom):

Device part number: 5G0035876
Hardware: 014
Software: R025
Navigation Database:
5G0919866H 0020 NAR 2014/15

I wonder if the firmware version is being shown here? What do you guys see?

What month and year was your car built? Look on the drivers side pillar for the black tag with silver writing on it near the floorboard rail, when the drivers side door is open.

Manufactured 10/14. Probably one of the reasons I got such a good deal... it was sitting on the lot for a long time. What are the manufacturer dates on your vehicles?

2015 Premium SEL, yes. Just recently passed 1000 miles!

Looks like we've got a recall, though. Perhaps I can have them double check firmware & software versions.

phr00t said:
Manufactured 10/14. Probably one of the reasons I got such a good deal... it was sitting on the lot for a long time. What are the manufacturer dates on your vehicles?

2015 Premium SEL, yes. Just recently passed 1000 miles!

Looks like we've got a recall, though. Perhaps I can have them double check firmware & software versions.

5/2015... my first 3 digits of the VIN are 112XXX

2015 VW e-Golf Limited Edition
Manufactured 01/15
All my data is the same except the nav database
5G0199866S 0022 NAR 2015

Just went online to look into updating the maps (since it appears I'm a little outdated), and it is costly. I don't see the eGolf listed, but a 2014 Golf update is $99 + shipping.

I'm using Google Maps anyway, but combined with the poor response of the UI, it just makes the in-dash navigation that much worse.

phr00t said:
Just went online to look into updating the maps (since it appears I'm a little outdated), and it is costly. I don't see the eGolf listed, but a 2014 Golf update is $99 + shipping.

I'm using Google Maps anyway, but combined with the poor response of the UI, it just makes the in-dash navigation that much worse.
I've never driven the e-Golf on a trip close to or beyond its single charge range, but in my other EV, the most useful thing about the NAV is seeing the distance to destination (or next charge point) and the estimated driving range, both at a glance. Since the range estimate is frequently not correct, and the RAV4 EV is especially conservative, I have started trip segments with an indicated range deficit of as much as 8 miles and still made it home. Actually, I've only ever used the NAV in the e-Golf just to see how it worked. I've never actually driven it anywhere that I needed the guidance.

Back