where is the best place to buy extended warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lserlohn said:
Hi all,

I just got my new e-golf back home. The dealer tried hard to sell me extended warranty, but I refused. I just wanted to shop around.

I think I need extended warranty, because I think VW cars would become less reliable over years, comparing with Japanese cars. ( I have a 18 years old Lexus, with 210K miles, still runs great)

I need some data points about the price of extended warranty, can someone provide some?

Thanks,
Leo[x /quote]

If you've had a Lexus for 18 years, ( and I know my father had his Avalon for 19, it only had 76k miles on it), I can guarantee you won't be happy with any German made car nowadays off the lot. It will be done in 12 to 15 years, little plastic and rubber stuff falling apart on it. No comparison. CV joint boots, hoses, etc. German made rubber, for some reason, doesn't last like the Japanese stuff does.

I had a 87 Toyota Xtra Cab 4x4 that I sold in 2013. Paid 13k for it, new, sold it for 5k. VW's don't last like that anymore, ever since VW started making water cooled engines in 77 or 78 with the VW Rabbit. VW's idea of a car lifetime is 100 to 150k miles, tops. They don't support with spare parts any model that's over 10 years old from last year of production.

Back