Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inspection Now!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:31 am 

Not sure what to make of this. e-Golf is at 19k and a bit miles. 10k inspection was done. A few weeks ago at less than 19k miles, the display started to indicate "Inspection and oil change soon". There's no oil to change, obviously, and no other fluid needs to be changed at 20k either. So - not at 20k, not a missing maintenance issue, not a timing issue, and health report is fine. What would one inspect short of the apparently quite poor coding? I can of course drive to any gas station the navigation system ever to helpfully is highlighting (no chargers...) to have the car inspected.

Post subject: Re: Inspection Now!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:14 pm 

Same here. Mine came on at 18,700 miles even though I had 10k service done at the dealer. Guess they forgot to reset the counter. I cleared it using this process

1) Turn off car
2) Press and hold 0.0 trip counter button
3) Turn on car
4) Release and press 0.0 trip counter button again
5) On the infotainment system, press Car button -> Setup -> Service and verify next service has been set to 18700 miles / 365 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYWn-NwFuQs