The View.... 19 2016 SE e-golfs white with black interior

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw Nine all white with black stock interiro 2016 SE e-Golfs today, out of 19 sold to one buyer at Galpin VW in North Hills, CA. One buyer, so I was told. Someone cleaned up and got a smoking deal in bulk on these 2016's. Were supposed to be picked up on 10-13, still sitting on the lot today with SOLD stickers on all of them. Some sort of Fleet purchase?

Could be a dealer or wholesaler buying them up for export or to move to a non-ZEV state. Nine e-Golfs is the full capacity of 1 open transport carrier. Quebec has a pilot program to give a $4000 incentive for 1000 used vehicles entering the province, but 2015s are the only ones eligible so far.

http://vehiculeselectriques.gouv.qc.ca/english/particuliers/projet-pilote-occasion.asp

I'm thinking they might have been bought up by a government agency, who tend to buy white cars (except for police, fire, and ambulance) to put their logos and other graphics on. I've seen a few white Leafs and Prii with Caltrans markings, maybe they bought eGolfs?

Back