Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 9:49 am
Posts: 33
One of the things that I was looking forward to have on my new eGolf was the passenger side mirror dip in reverse. Unfortunately it seems that they did not enable it on this model even though it was specified in the original car specs when I put down the deposit and it’s also detailed in the owner’s manual.
I bought Carista in the hopes that I would be able to enable it that way, however it turned out to be a flop. First of all Carista shows this option under the “Other” section. Second, I set it to “Yes” (enabled) but still no luck. The option does not show up in the infotainment system and trying to set it up by the manual does not work.
Before I ask for a refund on Carista, is there anything else that I could try (maybe missed)?
Has anyone tried/succeeded in enabling this?

Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:01 pm
Posts: 2353
kataleen wrote:
One of the things that I was looking forward to have on my new eGolf was the passenger side mirror dip in reverse. Unfortunately it seems that they did not enable it on this model even though it was specified in the original car specs when I put down the deposit and it’s also detailed in the owner’s manual.
I bought Carista in the hopes that I would be able to enable it that way, however it turned out to be a flop. First of all Carista shows this option under the “Other” section. Second, I set it to “Yes” (enabled) but still no luck. The option does not show up in the infotainment system and trying to set it up by the manual does not work.
Before I ask for a refund on Carista, is there anything else that I could try (maybe missed)?
Has anyone tried/succeeded in enabling this?

Thanks.


Find someone that owns a VCDS cable and has the Ross-tech software on a laptop. If they are good with it, they should be able to find it in "Body Control" and be able to switch some code around in "Advanced" with some fishing around with the Long Code in the "Bits" and "Bytes" section that is hexidecimal code.

_________________
2015 e-Golf SEL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 9:49 am
Posts: 33
I'm wondering if anyone was able to turn this on on a 2017 e-Golf. Just to make sure that the hardware is there...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:01 pm
Posts: 2353
kataleen wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone was able to turn this on on a 2017 e-Golf. Just to make sure that the hardware is there...

If it's just an internal movement of the mirror within, it should be adjustable in VCDS software, and possibly a setting in the infotainment center that needs to then be changed too, once enabled with VCDS.

_________________
2015 e-Golf SEL


Last edited by JoulesThief on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:24 am
Posts: 834
Location: SoCal
kataleen wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone was able to turn this on on a 2017 e-Golf. Just to make sure that the hardware is there...


I enabled this feature using Carista on a 2015 eGolf (Wolfsburg-made) and a 2017 Alltrack (Puebla-made) if that helps.

_________________
2015 eGolf SEL (originally leased, bought out lease)
former EV: 2012 Nissan Leaf SV (lease returned)
Range Extender: 2017 VW Golf Alltrack S 4Motion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 9:49 am
Posts: 33
RonDawg wrote:
kataleen wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone was able to turn this on on a 2017 e-Golf. Just to make sure that the hardware is there...


I enabled this feature using Carista on a 2015 eGolf (Wolfsburg-made) and a 2017 Alltrack (Puebla-made) if that helps.


Once you saved in Carista, did the new option show up immediately in the Infotainment System or did you have to do anything else?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:35 am
Posts: 9
you have to enable it in system as you already did and then also turn button for mirror alignment on driver door so it will point to passenger mirror. Then if you put in reverse mirror should tilt down or at least it does in my eGolf.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 9:49 am
Posts: 33
mkonci wrote:
you have to enable it in system as you already did and then also turn button for mirror alignment on driver door so it will point to passenger mirror. Then if you put in reverse mirror should tilt down or at least it does in my eGolf.


I tried exactly that, unfortunately it did not work.
I contacted the company behind Carista and they confirmed that Carista may report it as turned on even though it did not actually turn on. They have an update coming and offered me to sign up for a beta that should fix the issue. Will report back with results in case anybody else is experiencing this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 9:49 am
Posts: 33
The new update fixes the issue. Carista is now able to turn on this feature.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:38 am
Posts: 67
Somebody got it working

Image

Details on the facebook eGolf group.

_________________
Patiently waiting for e-Golf since June 30th 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
© Volkswagen e-Golf Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group