Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:15 pm 

One of the things that I was looking forward to have on my new eGolf was the passenger side mirror dip in reverse. Unfortunately it seems that they did not enable it on this model even though it was specified in the original car specs when I put down the deposit and it’s also detailed in the owner’s manual.
I bought Carista in the hopes that I would be able to enable it that way, however it turned out to be a flop. First of all Carista shows this option under the “Other” section. Second, I set it to “Yes” (enabled) but still no luck. The option does not show up in the infotainment system and trying to set it up by the manual does not work.
Before I ask for a refund on Carista, is there anything else that I could try (maybe missed)?
Has anyone tried/succeeded in enabling this?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:19 pm 

kataleen wrote:
One of the things that I was looking forward to have on my new eGolf was the passenger side mirror dip in reverse. Unfortunately it seems that they did not enable it on this model even though it was specified in the original car specs when I put down the deposit and it’s also detailed in the owner’s manual.
I bought Carista in the hopes that I would be able to enable it that way, however it turned out to be a flop. First of all Carista shows this option under the “Other” section. Second, I set it to “Yes” (enabled) but still no luck. The option does not show up in the infotainment system and trying to set it up by the manual does not work.
Before I ask for a refund on Carista, is there anything else that I could try (maybe missed)?
Has anyone tried/succeeded in enabling this?

Thanks.

Find someone that owns a VCDS cable and has the Ross-tech software on a laptop. If they are good with it, they should be able to find it in "Body Control" and be able to switch some code around in "Advanced" with some fishing around with the Long Code in the "Bits" and "Bytes" section that is hexidecimal code.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:54 am 

I'm wondering if anyone was able to turn this on on a 2017 e-Golf. Just to make sure that the hardware is there...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:46 pm 

kataleen wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone was able to turn this on on a 2017 e-Golf. Just to make sure that the hardware is there...

If it's just an internal movement of the mirror within, it should be adjustable in VCDS software, and possibly a setting in the infotainment center that needs to then be changed too, once enabled with VCDS.

Last edited by JoulesThief on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:14 am 

kataleen wrote:

I enabled this feature using Carista on a 2015 eGolf (Wolfsburg-made) and a 2017 Alltrack (Puebla-made) if that helps.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:26 am 

RonDawg wrote:
kataleen wrote:

I enabled this feature using Carista on a 2015 eGolf (Wolfsburg-made) and a 2017 Alltrack (Puebla-made) if that helps.

Once you saved in Carista, did the new option show up immediately in the Infotainment System or did you have to do anything else?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:46 am 

you have to enable it in system as you already did and then also turn button for mirror alignment on driver door so it will point to passenger mirror. Then if you put in reverse mirror should tilt down or at least it does in my eGolf.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:09 pm 

mkonci wrote:
you have to enable it in system as you already did and then also turn button for mirror alignment on driver door so it will point to passenger mirror. Then if you put in reverse mirror should tilt down or at least it does in my eGolf.

I tried exactly that, unfortunately it did not work.
I contacted the company behind Carista and they confirmed that Carista may report it as turned on even though it did not actually turn on. They have an update coming and offered me to sign up for a beta that should fix the issue. Will report back with results in case anybody else is experiencing this.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:05 pm 

The new update fixes the issue. Carista is now able to turn on this feature.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:51 pm 

Somebody got it working

Details on the facebook eGolf group.