Mass MOR-EV Rebate experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillC

If you filed a MOR-EV (Mass. Offers Rebates for Electric Vehicles) application [at mor-ev.org] and received your refund, could you report how long it took for your check to arrive once your application was approved.

Also, in case any MA resident is not aware of it (as I and the my salesman at the dealership were not), you are eligible for the full rebate of 2500.00 if you purchase, or lease for a period of 36 months or more.

Thanks,

Will

We got our $2500 rebate on our Leaf in about 70 days after approval. So, the 75 day maximum is accurate.

Will, I just realized that yours is probably the first e-Golf I saw "in the wild". I am driving a white one, and I live in Maynard.

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the response. My application was approved on 1/13 about 10 minutes after I submitted it so I was hoping they might be quicker. Anyway, I'll post when I receive mine.

It's possible I spotted yours charging at the Stop & Shop in Wayland as well. That's the only other sighting I've made in the area.

See you soon,

Will

They probably dispense the checks as late as possible to earn interest on the funds for as long as possible. Which is a fiscally responsible policy.

Will

I have not charged mine at any public stations, yet. So, that makes a third e-Golf in our area.

My rebate was approved very promptly, as well. I will post when I get the check.

Hello fellow MA EV drivers. I haven't seen another e-Golf in the wild yet, so I'll keep my eyes open. I'm usually in Bedford and Billerica with some excursions to Cambridge.

My MOR-EV timeline went as follows:
Leased the car; Dec 22nd
Submitted online application; Dec 22nd
Follow up from MOR-EV staff; Dec 23rd
Application approved; Dec 24th
Check sent notification; Jan 23rd
Check received; Jan 29th

I was very impressed with how smoothly and quickly the whole thing went. Glad for $2,500 back too!

Gad, I live in Bedford and do my grocery at the MB in Billerica, near Kmart.
Not sure what EV I am going to get, still deciding, I may get the I-Miev just as a kicker car for back and forth to work. Plus it is cheap enough that I will keep it for my Daughter when she starts to drive.

I drive an F-350 Diesel, Maroon (with the sides that are white due to salt :lol: ) I have a Silver LongHorns front Lic plate (above the reg MA Plate).

If you see me Beep and Wave !!

tigger19687 said:
I drive an F-350 Diesel, Maroon (with the sides that are white due to salt :lol: ) I have a Silver LongHorns front Lic plate (above the reg MA Plate).

If you see me Beep and Wave !!
Back when I first had a MINI, owners would wave and flash their headlights to each other... It'll be odd for an EV to be waving to an F-350..! :D
My e-Golf is sliver, also becoming more white with salt. I'll keep an eye out for you around town.

Ours took an extra round of form submission to get approved. First, the anti-counterfeiting measures on a mass license worked as they were supposed to, and so the scan of the license wasn't particularly clear. (but more than clear enough to get the license number and name) Luckily a phone photo made them happy. They also couldn't tell from the dealers bill of sale that the car was new, sending them a copy of the certificate of origin cleared that up.

We submitted in mid January, I don't think we have seen the money yet. My brother said it was the full 2 months last summer, when he did it for his Volt.

As to waving at other EV owners, one of the nice things about the egolf is that it isn't some bug eyed oddball, it takes a close look, and some knowledge to tell it from an ordinary ICE'd model, so other than explicit meetups, or chance encounters at a public charger, I suspect we won't get that tradition...

WillC said:
Hi Neil,

Thanks for the response. My application was approved on 1/13 about 10 minutes after I submitted it so I was hoping they might be quicker. Anyway, I'll post when I receive mine.

It's possible I spotted yours charging at the Stop & Shop in Wayland as well. That's the only other sighting I've made in the area.

See you soon,

Will

My application was approved on 2/13 [not 1/13 as stated above] and on 3/26 I received email from MOR-EV that my check was sent via USPS on 3/26, so about 6 weeks later.

Now I'll just need to figure out how to treat the rebate on tax returns but I've got a year to worry about that.

Cheers,

Will

Hi Will,

I think we passed each other on Great Road earlier this week? I am glad to hear you are getting the rebate about a month sooner than the maximum estimate.

Hi Neil,

Yes by the High School. Just noticed when I caught the blue stripe as you were passing by.

Will

I waved at someone (in my truck) then had to laugh as the Golf had a RED stripe but I was waving before I noticed.
:lol:
I drive down 62 from the middle school in Bedford to Emerson every day.
Maybe I see someone some time

Just bought a grey eGolf from Wellesley VW. The MOR-EV approval went through in a couple of days, now waiting for the check.

Anyone take advantage of the NSTAR offer of a discounted ($500) Clipper Creek level2 smart charger? Seems like I can get by with 110V overnight charging, plus charging at work (Lexington) for free....

will be looking for the few others around here on the road, but may be hard to spot each other......

I meant to post that I got the rebate last week - it took from Feb 26th to April 14 - about 6 1/2 weeks from approval to receiving the check. That's ~30 days shorter than the 75 day maximum they mention.

Hi,

New owner here. Just picked up our e-Golf SEL in white from MinuteMan VW in Bedford. We live in Billerica, MA.

Submitted the rebate application and supporting documentation on July 24th and was acknowledged and approved on the same day. Now just waiting for the check. Hope it comes well before 75 days.

So far loving the car. Hope to see some of you fellow e-Golf owners out there.

Thanks
Nesan

nesan said:
Hi,

New owner here. Just picked up our e-Golf SEL in white from MinuteMan VW in Bedford. We live in Billerica, MA.

Submitted the rebate application and supporting documentation on July 24th and was acknowledged and approved on the same day. Now just waiting for the check. Hope it comes well before 75 days.

So far loving the car. Hope to see some of you fellow e-Golf owners out there.

Thanks
Nesan

Just received my check today, 21st Sept 2015. So 59 days from approval to check received.
Thanks
Nesan

Back