2015-6 e-Golf HVAC 72F fix Tech Tip 87-15-02

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They fixed mine for free at Ventura VW. I used the key words recommended in the thread. 2016 SE

judah8750 said:
They fixed mine for free at Ventura VW. I used the key words recommended in the thread. 2016 SE

What are the key words if you don't mind posting it again? Thx.

"HVAC settings don't remember my last settings when I shut off, I'd like that changed so that it does remember MY last settings"

"Tech tip number 87-15-02"

"OTIS or OASIS"

"Adapatation #5, switching on behavior"

From JoulesThief

The whole thing isn't readable because of the printing and page split, but here is my service receipt.

tt3.jpg

Yep, pretty much what I said and did (printed out a page like that and wrote those keywords on it and laid it across the dash behind the steering wheel). I also did it at the same time as the high voltage recall.

I had it done at Mossy VW in El Cajon.

I can confirm that this works. I just bought a used 2015 e-Golf SEL and brought it to Kelly VW in Danvers MA to have a few things inspected. I told them that the HVAC was driving me nuts because it was resetting to Auto and 72 degrees each day. I printed this out:

"Tech tip number 87-15-02"

"OTIS or OASIS"

"Adaptation #5, switching on behavior"

...and gave it to the service writer. They did the fix for free.

I wanted to add that ever since this fix, it also addressed another annoying issue. My apologies if it's already been mentioned by someone else.

Prior to the fix, if I wanted to sit in my car while it's charging (for example, I need a top up charge to get to my destination), I couldn't use the climate control. The fan would blow, but it would be ambient air only. Not a problem when it's cool out (I can always put on a jacket and turn up the seat heaters to max), but when it's warm out it was uncomfortable.

Post-fix, I can turn on the A/C (and presumably the heat, though I haven't tried) and sit in the car as it's charging. Hooray!

Marspinball said:
Has anyone attempted to get this fix done on a 2017 egolf?

Why don't you try and report back to us. I don't see why VW shouldn't be able to accommodate you.

The dealer where we leased it, did the work in about 30 minutes, and they didn't charge for it. Same for the 2015 - done for free, in a pretty short time.

NurStrom said:
Can TT 87-15-02 be updated using the VAG com (Ross-tech cable)?

I would suspect so, under "Body Control' or some such, then under "adaptation", if you have the most current version of the software.

Ask Ross-Tech?

Back